• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    The show is just about the worst thing I've ever seen... I won't bother going on a rant about the drawbridge, moat or catapult - how about we just look at the stupid **** they do?

Unannounced armed attackers? (I think at least my family is smart enough to not pull that on me, someone might get accidentally-onpurpose shot)

Jumping around with a spear and pistol trying to kill the boar, that was a stupidly unnecessary risk.

Almost wrecking the daughters truck by blowing up a tree in front of her... SERIOUSLY. W T F.

Rolls a tractor over trying to break down the drawbridge?

They don't need to worry about invaders, brigands or anything like that - heck they don't even need to worry about going hungry. They need to stop being stupid before they kill themselves doing a stupid methneck stunts.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Daughters are hot and there are three of them, not just one like most other shows that toss in a hot chick to keep us interested.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This guy's "castle" was already featured in an epsiode of Doomsday Prepers.
    This thing with thin walls made of fragile cinder blocks looks nothing like a medieval castle.
    It's just a big hollow and unfinished house with big windows on all sides. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    And is it just me, or does anyone else want to take the older son who is 41 out back and just beat his *** for always acting like a spoiled 12 year old? He seems to be some seriously damaged goods who needs to mature about another 30 years to catch up with his real age...

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I watch it for dawn-marie, she seems like the most likely candidate (followed by her brother [the younger one]) to really survive in a collapse scenario; she seems to have a level head, doesn't freak out over dumb things, and she's hot... Ya the 41 yr old is pretty stupid. He's got an ego bigger than Texas and thinks he knows everything, he's quite annoying to watch, especially when he has his childish attitude fits (either "i'm 41, i'm not cleanin" or "LOL A TRACTOR?!").

-my :twocents:

*Edit* Oh ya, lol catapult? By the time you fire it, your "enemies" will have casually walked 20-30ft away staring at the next cool tree they see, so you'll only let them know, you know they're there, and give away any advantage you thought you had. Catapult is nothing more than a distraction to oogle at cuz you're in a "castle". Draw bridge takes too effing long to bring up as well...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just watch to see them build their "castle".I think it's a cool family project even though that thing has nothing to do with a real castle and is quite cheap.
    All the survival stuff are silly though (like putting windows in a "bunker") and thinking that 8" walls and having big windows on the outside will protect your family no matter what.

Like all the shows today there's just too much drama already.
    Like others have said the way the older sons acts is ridiculous.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Really like the way they put all the torches & barrels in the widows during the big night raid.
    Way to light yourself up so the enemy can see you.
    Not to mention ruining your night vision.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Just found the 'Castle' on google maps. Road trip anyone! :D

I found it too, looks like it's not as remote as they make it look like on TV.
    There's a big highway and other roads around.
    Im not sure on the scale though.It could be a bit far away but it could also be real close and they make sure it doesn't show on TV.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    That road seems very close on GE. Not at all that far from Indiana. Just south of the Smokies from the looks of it. I wonder if they let people take a look? I'd make a weekend trip just to see it. Anybody in?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That road seems very close on GE. Not at all that far from Indiana. Just south of the Smokies from the looks of it. I wonder if they let people take a look? I'd make a weekend trip just to see it. Anybody in?

I think they allow visitors.I saw people posting pictures of the "castle" on their blogs.
    Looks like they have a roof and a portcullis now.
    The construction is probably going faster with National Geographic's money getting in the project now.

Top Bottom