• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I don't take the paper, but haven't heard anything either. I'll see what I can find out, but I imagine it will be a long process. Unless there's a change of venue I can't imagine any of them seeing daylight for a very long time...if ever.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't take the paper, but haven't heard anything either. I'll see what I can find out, but I imagine it will be a long process. Unless there's a change of venue I can't imagine any of them seeing daylight for a very long time...if ever.

We have a revolving door policy in this state remember. Most of the violent crimes are committed be repeat offenders.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not quite so much in small town USA. That's why I say unless there's a change of venue. If the case is moved to Indy anything can happen.

That would totally suck.

Most of the insanity we are seeing in these parts is due to the revolving door policy's. Thugs are not scared of catching a case. We treat them like Bass fishing....catch and release.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hear ya CM. Recidivism is killing us. Literally.

And our LEO. It is the usual suspects.
    I refer to the low life thug that shot up Black Expo a few years back. They let that mental midget out on work release.....who is going to hire that POS. He was not looking for work. He was looking for a big fat blunt and some guns. They are not going to change. We put down a bad dog or a sick animal before it effects the herd. I see these career thugs as nothing more.
    Sorry to their Momma's but they are not "Good" boys......end of rant....well, for now anyway.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I remember. It's a shame. Prisons are not for rehabilitation, they are for punishment. It's not wrong to punish someone for crime. It's RIGHTEOUS to punish for crime. If you or I do it, they call that vengence or revenge. When the government does it, they call that the rule of law. When you have been tried by a jury of your peers and sentenced to prison for a crime, you should serve that sentence. It's hard on everyone, but it's right. I have a cousin serving life for murder now. He was stupid and got himself there through stupidity even though he was defending himself. Nevertheless he's a white middle aged poor boy with a record (possession). He won't see daylight until he is old and gray. If everyone's prison story was like my cousins, recidivism would cease and the bad guys wouldn't be on the streets repeating their lifestyle. It pains me to say it, because it's hard on my family and very hard on my cousin, but his life choices landed him behind bars and that's where he stays.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We have a revolving door policy in this state remember. Most of the violent crimes are committed be repeat offenders.

Not quite so much in small town USA. That's why I say unless there's a change of venue. If the case is moved to Indy anything can happen.

It's the liberal judges of the larger urban areas that need to be removed. Even in liberal Monroe County, the judges understand that they are accountable. You all in Marion County should start using this issue as a rallying cry for elections down the road.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Exactly. (according to the article).

Friend of mine here at work is related to the Allenders and he's upset and I totally understand. The kid sentenced did admit to hitting Mr. Allender in the head with a baseball bat. I'm upset too. But, that's the way our criminal system works. It's all based upon deals, wins and losses. They're bent on burrying Taylor Flynn - and they should - but at the expense of justice is a bit hard to swallow. I mean they've got all three of them dead to rights. I'm not sure why they needed a deal.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Friend of mine here at work is related to the Allenders and he's upset and I totally understand. The kid sentenced did admit to hitting Mr. Allender in the head with a baseball bat. I'm upset too. But, that's the way our criminal system works. It's all based upon deals, wins and losses. They're bent on burrying Taylor Flynn - and they should - but at the expense of justice is a bit hard to swallow. I mean they've got all three of them dead to rights. I'm not sure why they needed a deal.

That is the system as it now exists. Prosecutors want all they can get in their advantage before they walk into our jaded courts. If it is not a mark in the "W" column they are reluctant to use any budgeted funds towards prosecuting. Money/deals and political advancement. What a wonderful system we have.

Top Bottom