Lawrence County

They're a classy bunch.

tumblr_lwb7vls2Qe1qlzduwo1_500.gif

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Friend of mine here at work is related to the Allenders and he's upset and I totally understand. The kid sentenced did admit to hitting Mr. Allender in the head with a baseball bat. I'm upset too. But, that's the way our criminal system works. It's all based upon deals, wins and losses. They're bent on burrying Taylor Flynn - and they should - but at the expense of justice is a bit hard to swallow. I mean they've got all three of them dead to rights. I'm not sure why they needed a deal.

I've heard that Bloomington defense attorney Sam Shapiro is very good. I wonder how much this kid's parents paid for this "deal?" While he may not be in a cage for decades, having to register as a murder for life and dealing with a drug addiction likely means he won't have much when he gets out. His parents are going to have to support him forever and if he is able to obtain some kind of skilled trade and find decent work, he likely will have to move away from that area as too many people will remember. Anyone know what kind of drugs they were addicted to? As I stated earlier in this thread I always check Facebook profiles of suspects in these crimes. Usually I see they were active then at some point, usually six or more months, all activity just ceases for most. Odd how one can pretty much determine when the addiction finally took over. I'm guessing pills and/or heroin.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've heard that Bloomington defense attorney Sam Shapiro is very good. I wonder how much this kid's parents paid for this "deal?" While he may not be in a cage for decades, having to register as a murder for life and dealing with a drug addiction likely means he won't have much when he gets out. His parents are going to have to support him forever and if he is able to obtain some kind of skilled trade and find decent work, he likely will have to move away from that area as too many people will remember. Anyone know what kind of drugs they were addicted to? As I stated earlier in this thread I always check Facebook profiles of suspects in these crimes. Usually I see they were active then at some point, usually six or more months, all activity just ceases for most. Odd how one can pretty much determine when the addiction finally took over. I'm guessing pills and/or heroin.

Meth/Krack are the usual suspects when criminal activity reaches these levels.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've heard that Bloomington defense attorney Sam Shapiro is very good. .

I happily don't have much dealing with the legal system, but he represented me years ago. He is one very slick operator in the court room. He very easily "handled" all of the court room participants. Also constantly gave me play-by-play advice as they spoke. He'd be my guy again if needed as long as I could afford this services.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Looks like the last of the 3 will finally get his due:

(Sorry for the subscription site. Nothing on WBIW yet).
    Hicks admits guilt in Allender death | Local news | tmnews.com

Under the terms, Hicks would be sentenced to 55 years on the murder count and 10 years on the conspiracy to commit burglary count, with the sentences to run consecutively for a total of 65 years. Sixty years will be executed at the Indiana Department of Correction with five years suspended to supervised probation. Hicks, upon release from the DOC, would be required to register for life as a violent offender.

Top Bottom