• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I was off today, had a lot of stuff to do. Every time I'd hear planes practicing, I'd damn near spill my beer jumping up from in front of the Xbox to run outside. The Blue Angels flew for at least 45 minutes, and went treetop level over the house a few times! The F22 did some amazing maneuvers too, and was really loud, freaked my dog out!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    That was cool, was at Rick's shop today while they were flying. They'd fly over, we'd hear them and everybody run to the windows! The Boss would really like to see them again, as would I, but not nearly enough to brave the insanity that tomorrow will bring.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was off today, had a lot of stuff to do. Every time I'd hear planes practicing, I'd damn near spill my beer jumping up from in front of the Xbox to run outside. The Blue Angels flew for at least 45 minutes, and went treetop level over the house a few times! The F22 did some amazing maneuvers too, and was really loud, freaked my dog out!

The F-22 went operational when I was stationed in Virginia. It makes turns that are hard to believe. There were F-15s there also (known for being loud as well). The F-22 has a different kind of sound, kind of echo-y.

JohnMcClane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2014
    Indy
    I took the boys to see the Blue Angels this week in Pensacola, while we were on spring break. They thought they were awesome. (The national naval aviation museum was very cool as well). Then on the way home we were navigating through the Thunder mess of traffic and heard they were making an appearance there as well. The boys were hoping to see them again. it was getting dark by this time and I had no idea when they were scheduled to go, but I'm sure it'd have to be during daylight hours since a lot of their demo would be lost at dusk. when did they go on? for future reference...

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I went and it was okay, but nothing I'd go back for specifically. I was on the Louisville side and did not see anyone getting talked to by the police, or removed, or anything at all really. Huge crowds, and I mean huge. All seemed peaceful enough which was surprising, but there was a large police presence and also a large military presence at least near the bridge where I was right down front. All had sidearms and handcuffs also, unusual I thought but not for an event involving explosives I guess.

I made the air show, but left just before the fireworks as my wife had a raging headache by the time it started, but man would we have had amazing seats for it! Maybe 100 yards from the bridge? Leaving then was good though as trying to navigate the mass of people leaving was rough even when no one else was leaving! Hate to think about it when all are turned loose. Blue angels were great, but I think I liked the f22 more actually, that plane is truly amazing and the power of the engines for some of the stunts is truly impressive from an engineering and aerodynamics standpoint. I was impressed, and I loved that amazingly loud engine. I was so busy watching I never got a single photo of it in fact.

Stayed overnight in Louisville and had a decent time overall but thunder itself I'd not go back for I don't think.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I went and it was okay, but nothing I'd go back for specifically. I was on the Louisville side and did not see anyone getting talked to by the police, or removed, or anything at all really. Huge crowds, and I mean huge. All seemed peaceful enough which was surprising, but there was a large police presence and also a large military presence at least near the bridge where I was right down front. All had sidearms and handcuffs also, unusual I thought but not for an event involving explosives I guess.

I made the air show, but left just before the fireworks as my wife had a raging headache by the time it started, but man would we have had amazing seats for it! Maybe 100 yards from the bridge? Leaving then was good though as trying to navigate the mass of people leaving was rough even when no one else was leaving! Hate to think about it when all are turned loose. Blue angels were great, but I think I liked the f22 more actually, that plane is truly amazing and the power of the engines for some of the stunts is truly impressive from an engineering and aerodynamics standpoint. I was impressed, and I loved that amazingly loud engine. I was so busy watching I never got a single photo of it in fact.

Stayed overnight in Louisville and had a decent time overall but thunder itself I'd not go back for I don't think.
    I think the limitation for jets, for a long time, has been the pilot. The planes can take many more G's than the pilot is capable of handling. I like the airshows, but the older I get, I hate the crowds, although, like you said, the majority view is that the crowd was well-behaved. I heard that there were only six arrests and no violence reported. I still have my reservations about Louisville crime reports and arrests. The mayor and chief have shown that they will "cook the books" and cover it up for political purposes.

Top Bottom