• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Maybe the most productive thing we can do is to determine the best way to interact with police if they roll up on us and once that way is determined, share that knowledge.

If I get pulled over at night, I turn off the ignition, turn on the interior light, roll down the window and put my hands on the steering wheel until instructed to do something else. This is part of my self defense planning against getting accidentally shot by a cop during a traffic stop. My dad instructed me in this when I started driving. Years before this, he instructed me on how people might shoot you if they think your toy gun is a real gun.

Maybe education is the answer?
    Encountering an armed driver pulled over or an infraction or a guy casually strolling OCing (and they have done NOTHING else that would cause them to be considered dangerous) is easy and "low risk". Take that same casual walker and add that he was randomly pointing his pistol at strangers walking by and this becomes an entirely different response. We do appreciate that a driver is aware of danger cues and does their best to avoid making them on accident. If you are armed and we approach you telling you "not to move" or something like that...don't go reaching for something.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The police response guaranteed a shooting would take place. Innocent kid or criminal, there was no way anyone could comply with commands to disarm in that split second. His fate was sealed.

Defending this as model police work is unsettling.

[video=youtube;7Z8qNUWekWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8qNUWekWE[/video]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Rambone -
    Have you ever taken a ride-along with a police department? I recommend you do. I would also recommend you check out some of the police training simulators out there.
    Very eye opening for sure.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Advocate for police to use non-lethal means more often. A taser would have sufficed in the case of the 12 year old.

Only a fool depends on a Taser for an armed person pointing guns at people. Why all of the sympathy for all of these idiots whom decide to do stuff that will get them shot? If you drive a car real fast you may die in a crash. If you jump off of a tall building or tower then you may die. If you point ANY type of a gun at a police officer, or if you decide to pound on a police officer and attempt to take his weapon you might get shot. It is not complicated in the least. Why do people choose to make it so?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

There is a thread floating around somewhere pertaining to a court upholding a government instituted policy that allowed for police applicants to be discriminated against and removed from the hiring process if they possessed to high an intellect. That's a pretty good example from my perspective.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Maybe the most productive thing we can do is to determine the best way to interact with police if they roll up on us and once that way is determined, share that knowledge.

If I get pulled over at night, I turn off the ignition, turn on the interior light, roll down the window and put my hands on the steering wheel until instructed to do something else. This is part of my self defense planning against getting accidentally shot by a cop during a traffic stop. My dad instructed me in this when I started driving. Years before this, he instructed me on how people might shoot you if they think your toy gun is a real gun.

Maybe education is the answer?

But why should you have a real concern for getting shot by law enforcement when you are doing nothing wrong? I am not questioning the validity of your concern. I am suggesting that perhaps some men aren't cut out for the job if they are so scared of shadows that they can not perform their job without accidently/intentionally shooting innocent citizens.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    The police response guaranteed a shooting would take place. Innocent kid or criminal, there was no way anyone could comply with commands to disarm in that split second. His fate was sealed.

Defending this as model police work is unsettling.

[video=youtube;7Z8qNUWekWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8qNUWekWE[/video]

That's worse than I imagined it would be. They rolled up right beside him and shot him before getting out of the car. Why would an officer roll up right beside an armed person to begin with? That is horrible tactics and certainly not what they have been trained to do.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That's worse than I imagined it would be. They rolled up right beside him and shot him before getting out of the car. Why would an officer roll up right beside an armed person to begin with? That is horrible tactics and certainly not what they have been trained to do.
    It is possible they were trained...who knows?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

The idea is to recklessly charge in to bad-breath range, and then suddenly feel frightened by any reaction. Its the same thing that justifies killing people in their bedrooms during no-knock raids. If the target flinches, its a justified chance to shoot him.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Saying that they may have been justified in this case is a far cry from saying that this is the way it should always be done.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Shooter was fired in 2012 for being mentally unstable

.... but then hired on Cleveland PD. :coffee:

Cleveland officer who fatally shot Tamir Rice judged unfit for duty in 2012

“Due to this dangerous loss of composure during live range training and his inability to manage this personal stress, I do not believe Ptl Loehmann shows the maturity needed to work in our employment,” Polak concludes. “For these reasons, I am recommending he be released from the employment of the city of Independence. I do not believe time, nor training, will be able to change or correct these deficiencies.”

Some of the comments made by Ptl Loehmann during this discourse were to the effect of, “I should have gone to NY”, “maybe I should quit”, “I have no friends”, “I only hang out with 73-year-old priests”, “I have cried every day for four months about this girl.”

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

Cleveland paid out $100,000 to woman involving excessive force lawsuit against officer in Tamir Rice shooting

The suit said Garmback initially argued with Eaton. It said Garmback then "rushed (Eaton) and placed her in a chokehold, tackled her to the ground, twisted her wrist and began hitting her body. Officer Guerra rushed over and proceeded to punch Tamela Eaton in the face multiple times.''

This is where the police union spokesperson appears and tells us he was a model police officer... isn't it?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Sister gets taken down too

Tamir Rice's 14-year-old sister came to the park crying when she saw her brother dying next to the picnic table. Cops leveled her to the ground and cuffed her. Meanwhile the kid lay bleeding out for several more minutes until someone else shows up from off scene to administer first aid.

"This has to be the cruelest thing I've ever seen," said attorney Walter Madison.

Extended Tamir Rice shooting video shows officers restrained sister | cleveland.com

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Tamir Rice's 14-year-old sister came to the park crying when she saw her brother dying next to the picnic table. Cops leveled her to the ground and cuffed her. Meanwhile the kid lay bleeding out for several more minutes until someone else shows up from off scene to administer first aid.

"This has to be the cruelest thing I've ever seen," said attorney Walter Madison.

Extended Tamir Rice shooting video shows officers restrained sister | cleveland.com

Do you even read the crap you're posting? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom