• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's the body aches that I hate the most. Didn't get it last year, so I don't know what it will mean for this season.

I did lose my voice and hearing nearly 90% for a couple of weeks last winter. Never had anything like that ever happen. Took me a month to shake it. Unreal.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I generally don't get flu shots. I survived swine flu, I can handle the regular strain.

I did get one this year since I have a two year old and the wife is preggers. Of course I've had a cold for the past week since getting it.

The grandkids catching the flu from me is a concern. The last time a took the shot was when the swine flu was a threat and I was watching the oldest for a week.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    Never! The flu is primarily transmitted through the air and gets into peoples lungs. Resistance is low this time of year because of depleted levels of vitamin D. Getting the flu has nothing to do with cold weather other than that people's resistance is low then because they typically do not get much sun at this time of year. My advice as Dr ziggy, take vitamin D and forget the flu shot. Been doing it for years and have not had the flu since I started this regimen. Vitamin D is great for preventing all kinds of respiratory ailments.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The last time I got a flu shot was 21 years ago. My son and I were advised to get them as he was a baby and had severe asthma. That is the last time he or I got the shot and it is the last time either of us got the flu. We got the shot and both came down with the flu less than a week after receiving it. My sister is a nurse and had a severe reaction to her flu shot this year. Her doctor told her not to ever have another one and put a note in her HR file so she can't be fired for refusing to have it. She missed a week of work and has been flying high on the prednisone he loaded her up with.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I generally don't get flu shots. I survived swine flu, I can handle the regular strain.

I did get one this year since I have a two year old and the wife is preggers. Of course I've had a cold for the past week since getting it.

Not that I needed another reason, but the bolded reason is why I am getting one soon also (might not wait for when they come to work to give them).

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    maury-povich.jpg

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Never! The flu is primarily transmitted through the air and gets into peoples lungs. Resistance is low this time of year because of depleted levels of vitamin D. Getting the flu has nothing to do with cold weather other than that people's resistance is low then because they typically do not get much sun at this time of year. My advice as Dr ziggy, take vitamin D and forget the flu shot. Been doing it for years and have not had the flu since I started this regimen. Vitamin D is great for preventing all kinds of respiratory ailments.

Interesting. What form/brand of supplent do you reccomend.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    So....what you gonna do about it? I just shared my experience that was less than positive.

Nothing, because most people on INGO won't listen to facts when it comes to a potential conspiracy. I've tried before, especially about medical topics which I'm very comfortable with, and people tell me that I'm an idiot or will argue with fabricated "data."

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Lol there certainly is, but we both know the people spreading it wouldn't listen to the truth anyway.

Exactly. I've tried...I get ridiculed. Not worth it to me, but I'm happy to talk with people that legitimately want information.

Coincidentally, the people spreading the misinformation are the same people that will be the same people spreading the disease.

Top Bottom