To full fde glock or not to full fde glock....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • full fde or black

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    In Post #10, the pictured FDE Glock looks like a Milk Chocolate treat. That was my first reaction. My opinion may change after I have a taste. :>)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like my Glocks big and black.

Wait, that didn't come out right...

Wow, just ... wow.

To the OP, the FDE is not of interest to me. I'd go with the stock OEM black, and use the extra $$ to pick up night sights, ammo, extra mags, holster, in whichever order you need them most.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I like colored ones. I have g 19 gen 3 with od green frame. I think it is bad ass. I looked at the full fde gen 4's. If one would have popped up while I was in the market I would of bought one. I'm happy I got the one I did. First glock for me and I love it. Would love to find a 26 in od green.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    You need the Stormtrooper glock
    IMG_20130508_144517.jpg

Maybe some other stormtrooper white...

wty1.jpg

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    I agree with most everyone else, go black because it's cheaper. You can always pay to have the slide ceracoated FDE if you decide that's what you really want.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Go black and have more mags or sights or whatever have you. Fde won't help you train or need to blend in to anything

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I'm most likely going to heed ingo's advice. Meeting with the seller of the black one tonight. I suppose another advantage of buying the black one is I won't be hesitant so go after it with my soldering iron!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm most likely going to heed ingo's advice. Meeting with the seller of the black one tonight. I suppose another advantage of buying the black one is I won't be hesitant so go after it with my soldering iron!

Did you get it? ... and please don't kill it with a bad stipple job. No issues with a good stipple job, but the bad ones, well you know them when you see them.

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Did you get it? ... and please don't kill it with a bad stipple job. No issues with a good stipple job, but the bad ones, well you know them when you see them.
    Hopefully picking it up this evening. Last night fell threw. If I do try stippling it I'm going to try following bore sight solutions pattern. They're work is amazing, but I'm to cheap to send it to them!

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Go on gun broker. For like $550 everything (tax, transfer, fees, all of it) you can have a fde or odg frame glock. Do gen 4 also. Much better feeling handgun. And it comes with as many magazines as you will ever need. Ever. (3) I don't like the full fde ones. Just the frame ones. It'll always be worth more than regular glock also. I wouldn't do night sights.. But that's just me.

Used gen 4 glocks shouldn't be more than $400. Ever.

Personally I have odg frame gen 4 17.

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Well the guy backed out after running me around for a half hour. So I'm back on the hunt. If anyone in the Fort Wayne area knows a Peter Blake, tell him I said thanks for nothing!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ... And it comes with as many magazines as you will ever need. Ever. (3) I don't like the full fde ones. Just the frame ones. It'll always be worth more than regular glock also. I wouldn't do night sights.. But that's just me. ..

Really, 3 magazines is all you will ever need? Really? No, that can't be what you really said.

Mags are consumables. Buy OEM, Buy Many, Buy Often when you find them for a good price.

Also, no night sights? You don't hear that very often.

Top Bottom