• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I do not know the answer to that question. Appendix D4 in the current rule book (United States Practical Shooting Association) states "notch and post only" for the allowed sights in USPSA Production Division. There may have already been a ruling on this by John Amidon (the rules guru), but I don't see why they would be a problem since they will offer no competitive advantange and for most people would be a disadvantage.

If you're really concerned about it, you may wish to go to Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo! (Powered by Invision Power Board) and ask there as someone is likely to know for sure, or if you join USPSA you can ask on the forums at United States Practical Shooting Association.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    As an RO I have seen those and in the production division and it never entered my mind that they would not be legal. I would think they are of the notch and post type. That verbage is there to prevent optic sights. I will research this further though.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Which proves that even a blind squirrel occasionally finds an acorn.

They are not perfect, but they are right more than they are wrong. The now and then when they are wrong though, are head scratchers.:)

Just retake the class and renew the credential.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They are not perfect, but they are right more than they are wrong. The now and then when they are wrong though, are head scratchers.:)

Just retake the class and renew the credential.

N F W. :D

Well, maybe if you'll sit through the Jay Worden Show with me, I'll consider it. But probably not.

If they ever allow a correspondence course for renewal of lapsed certifications, I'll consider it. It's stupid (pathetically so) for them not to already do so.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    N F W. :D

Well, maybe if you'll sit through the Jay Worden Show with me, I'll consider it. But probably not.

If they ever allow a correspondence course for renewal of lapsed certifications, I'll consider it. It's stupid (pathetically so) for them not to already do so.

i'll go with you and we can see how those filipino jokes are working out for him.:D

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    Coach those rules get in the way of a good stage plan. You have to activate a disappearing drop turner even if you are not going to shoot it. Who would have thunk it.
    I had express sights on a recently traded for G-19 they lasted less than 50 rounds. Def. not an advantage to me.
    And not to drift this too far. Rhino does indeed practice. Just not shooting a pistol.

Mike....

Top Bottom