• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Mom, take the kids that way... call 911 on your way just as a back up as there may be a need for the coroner's van.

Sir, I must protest your foul language, and if you do not quit grabbing at your waist band, I may be forced to defend myself in the most loudly of ways, quite possibly ending all yuor problems...permanently. Now, withour further ado, please remove yourself from the premises.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I am a big free speech advocate but I also believe there is a time and place for everything.

This thread is wonderfully interesting as most support restraint (or restriction) for the "right" of free speech but blast (pun intended) restrictions on the "right" of self defense in terms of where you can carry and what you can own.

What a fascinating case study....

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I'm reminded of my trip to McDonald's a few years ago with my grandsons who were 4 and 5 years old at the time. The guy in front of us in the line started cussing and screaming that his order was not correct, calling the girl behind the counter all kinds of bad stuff.
    I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him nicely to curb the foul language in front of the kids, at which time he told me to "F#&% off old man!" So I did what any red blooded American should do and handed him an ass whipping right there in front of the whole crowd of people. Once he was laying on his back with my boot on his chest I told him to leave before I got angry. He got up and left without a word. I got a free breakfast for myself and my grandsons from the manager.
    Was I right or wrong? I think I did the right thing. I don't care if he was having a bad day, his wife left him, or he got fired that day. You just don't need to be a jerk in public simply because you can.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    There is no such thing as Freedom of Speech when it comes to private property.

Folks the The Unites States Constitution applies to the relationship between the government and the people.

Not the rights of people who are on the grounds of a private organization.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Mom, take the kids that way... call 911 on your way just as a back up as there may be a need for the coroner's van.

Sir, I must protest your foul language, and if you do not quit grabbing at your waist band, I may be forced to defend myself in the most loudly of ways, quite possibly ending all yuor problems...permanently. Now, withour further ado, please remove yourself from the premises.

Right, because vigilantism is what we need! You'd have a hard time prooving self defense to a jury when you approached this man with no good reason.

He was swearing? OH NO! Leave the area if it offends you. I realize that isn't an ideal solution, but its a hell of a lot better than potentially being forced to shoot someone.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    First, even though many do it, wearing your gun in public (visible for everyne to see) IS very rude. Second, I really hate when people have the bad taste tocarry firearms around children. We could less of both in society these days.

FIFY

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

506a2707.jpg

:rolleyes:

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan

Folks the The Unites States Constitution applies to the relationship between the government and the people.

Well said, good sir. When on someone elses property you have to play by their rules.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

Why don't you interject your logic in some other, less entertaining thread?

:)

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    because I said. :)

I have the right to life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness. He would be denying my happiness with his pathetic display of his lack of self control and non existant courtesy and respect of those around him

Why do you you think his rights trump mine or anyone elses? LOL

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

You are mostly correct, but property rights are not absolute. The involvement of compelling interests have to be considered, and the circumstances dictate the exceptions to such.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    You are mostly correct, but property rights are not absolute. The involvement of compelling interests have to be considered, and the circumstances dictate the exceptions to such.

My post was suited for this thread, and the absolute extent of my regurgitated knowledge base. I would really like you to give me an example of what your saying, to aid me keeping my foot out of my mouth in the future.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    My post was suited for this thread, and the absolute extent of my regurgitated knowledge base. I would really like you to give me an example of what your saying, to aid me keeping my foot out of my mouth in the future.

If both parties have a vested interest in the property, property rights are considered "equal" and no on can be asked to leave unless the lease holder is causing significant damage to the property.

Case in point, I attempted to file tresspassing charges on a landlord who tried to force his way into our rental without notice, and without permission. I had to throw him off our property.

Since he was the "owner" and I was the "lease holder" neither of us could press charges as we were under contract.

It sucked, and I am very glad he took the hint when I told my wife to lock the door behind me. Had I needed to fight the guy to get him out, he then would have had tresspassing charges brought upon him. Since I shoved him out of the doorway, and he fled; no charges were brought forward.

Top Bottom