• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yea, that's a win. Especially since he wasn't there long enough to find out you are a punk. Kidding, kidding.:):

Glad you got out of the ticket and I think he did cut you a break so we are going to give him half-credit on this assignment.

OP is based out of Gary as such he is a punk by residence & carries a Hi-Point sideways. ;)

I used to believe that I would inform, then I heard about so many citizens having their weapons taken away. That is when I decided I would not inform.

The problem with carrying the IC is that the law is silent on OC/CC and need to inform. It is really difficult to show someone something that isn't there.

FYI...
    We had another thread on here were it was confirmed that LEO's now via their laptop in the car will get a return informing them you have a LTCH when they run your info. It's not in the driver license database but somehow the laptop in the cops car is pining 2 DBs the DL and the LTCH!

So once they run your info be it you remain silent or not the computer is going to rat you out. :(

-jedi

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    OP is based out of Gary as such he is a punk by residence & carries a Hi-Point sideways. ;)

FYI...
    We had another thread on here were it was confirmed that LEO's now via their laptop in the car will get a return informing them you have a LTCH when they run your info. It's not in the driver license database but somehow the laptop in the cops car is pining 2 DBs the DL and the LTCH!

So once they run your info be it you remain silent or not the computer is going to rat you out. :(

-jedi

However, that helps us more than it hurts us. Boom, immediately validated LTCH. Richardson kicks in, no authority to ask about firearms. Don't like it? Too damn bad. My lawyer will love you.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana

FYI...

-jedi

Every MDT or laptop does not contain any database information or license information. The little white or black antenna on the back of the car transmits the information entered into the system to a central hub, that may be dispatch or just straight to a computer server. That server then runs the name and all given information through most law enforcement, state, county, and city databases. This is why an officer can run a license from Ohio, it is sent out of the car. If something pings, like a valid or invalid license, expired tags, license to carry, warrant, prior offenses, the server stores that until the records check is complete. It then sends the completed record back to the car for the officer to read. It can also be done via radio comm to dispatch, i have even seen some officers from Indianapolis who can receive the same information about a warrent on their cell phone that they can on their pager. you would be amazed what they can find using that laptop.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    However, that helps us more than it hurts us. Boom, immediately validated LTCH. Richardson kicks in, no authority to ask about firearms. Don't like it? Too damn bad. My lawyer will love you.

Richardson kicks in if the stop is for a seat belt violation.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    "No, but I'd love to be cited for this "not informing" thing you keep bringing up."

:n00b:

"Yes... I'll wait right here." ;)

A lot of cops truly BELIEVE they can make stuff up and it bears the weight of law! They use excuses like "disturbing the peace", "disorderly conduct", "contempt of cop" etc as a catch all for things they don't like.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I got pulled over once "for going down a one way street the wrong direction" when in fact I wasn't...I gave him the raised eyebrow look and he changed his mind.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I gave him the raised eyebrow look and he changed his mind.

dwayne__the_rock__johnson.jpg

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    I used to believe that I would inform, then I heard about so many citizens having their weapons taken away. That is when I decided I would not inform.

The problem with carrying the IC is that the law is silent on OC/CC and need to inform. It is really difficult to show someone something that isn't there.

Exactly... if *they* can't prove it's statute, then it isn't. Which is why the burden of proof always falls on the officer.

To my knowledge, this map is still accurate.

CCW%20must%20inform%20states.jpg

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    We all better get used to being treated like dangerous criminals just because we carry legally via LTCH. I monitor my scanner regularly and every time an officer runs an individual that has an LTCH through the system the dispatcher now tells him that the individual has a "permit" as they call it in my neck of the woods. Virtually all of those responses has been followed by the officer running a serial number of a handgun through the system. The LEO's have now been given a tool to disarm a citizen each time they make a traffic stop. Sooner or later a citizen or an officer is going to be the victim of an AD or an ND unless something is done to stop this practice.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Eh? Why are 'virtually all' of these involving running serials on guns? This is the kind of thing that makes even the 'moderates' like me think it's better to be less cooperative and forthcoming about LEO interactions. Why are they running serials on guns without any cause or suspicion?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    We all better get used to being treated like dangerous criminals just because we carry legally via LTCH. I monitor my scanner regularly and every time an officer runs an individual that has an LTCH through the system the dispatcher now tells him that the individual has a "permit" as they call it in my neck of the woods. Virtually all of those responses has been followed by the officer running a serial number of a handgun through the system. The LEO's have now been given a tool to disarm a citizen each time they make a traffic stop. Sooner or later a citizen or an officer is going to be the victim of an AD or an ND unless something is done to stop this practice.

Until people start exercising their rights there is no hope. Perhaps cops need to read people their rights at a traffic stop as well but we need to add "you have the right to remain armed as long as you show no articulate signs of danger to yourself or others".

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Eh? Why are 'virtually all' of these involving running serials on guns? This is the kind of thing that makes even the 'moderates' like me think it's better to be less cooperative and forthcoming about LEO interactions. Why are they running serials on guns without any cause or suspicion?

They can, therefore they do.

No one has ever told them they can't do it so they assume they can, I mean they ARE agents of the city/county/state right? What they say goes!

In Evansville I hear a lot of reports of people and addresses that have weapons or are considered dangerous or some other officer safety bulletin over the radio. FYI I checked mine and nothing but my LTCH came up. Although I have not heard any serial numbers ran yet. I think this is because Evansville has had access to LTCH info for years now. I thought we were the only ones stuck in 1984 but the rest of the state caught up.

Top Bottom