Training Priorities: Which Classes Should I Take?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Cold ranges ARE stupid, you must train the way you will fight, picking up a firearm, loading it, chambering it, then firing it is NOT how you fight!

They are stupid...
    Until you are standing next to someone on a common firing line at and they have no ****ing clue how to run their gun, seem to be unable to fugure out which way the muzzle is pointing at any given moment and struggle through each and every drill. Everyone has to start some where,I get that. Running hot ranges at intro classes,and even some advanced classes is an ill advised practice,in my opinion,because there are never enough instructor to watch everybody,all the time.
    I'm not an instructor,it's not my insurance, I don't want to get shot either.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Take a class that teaches you how to FIGHT with your gun, and not just punch holes in paper. If you're at a class and you regularly hear the phrase, "unload, show clear" after each drill, leave immediately.

And get medical training. And legal training. That's where I tell people to start.

That is contrary to my experience.

There is a place for cold lines and hot lines. Every class is not a FIGHTING class, some classes are marksmanship classes, some classes are competition classes. Training in competition and marksmanship can benefit you in a fight and lays a great base for learning to fight.

For that matter, if I had it to do all over again, I would start defensive handgun training with Mindset Lab's Intro to Force on Force and they don't even use real guns.

Top Bottom