• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fourtrax

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Based on his earlier statements, I would be surprised if Fourtrax was even the least bit interested in a class like this. :dunno:

Well you see, when a shooter like Rhino tells me something, I listen. Lol

in all seriousness, Rhino has forgotten more than most of us will learn.

Besides, he has mad weak hand only skill on Texas stars at 18-20 yards.. Don't ask, I still have nightmares over my humiliation.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Well you see, when a shooter like Rhino tells me something, I listen. Lol

in all seriousness, Rhino has forgotten more than most of us will learn.

Besides, he has mad weak hand only skill on Texas stars at 18-20 yards.. Don't ask, I still have nightmares over my humiliation.

You should both have had to clear a double feed with weak hand only at the start, just to spice it up. :-)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Looks like Yeager tackled the issue in his latest video.

[video=youtube;pJ6HubpLSVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ6HubpLSVM[/video]

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    If you don't learn in an adrenalized state you can't do it in an adrenalized state? Really? Fail.

This is the same guy that says Hick law justifies slower techniques. Just fail.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If you don't learn in an adrenalized state you can't do it in an adrenalized state? Really? Fail.

I don't necessarily agree with that either.

But I do believe that your techniques should be tested in an adrenalized state. And learning can certainly occur there.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I don't necessarily agree with that either.

But I do believe that your techniques should be tested in an adrenalized state. And learning can certainly occur there.

BINGO!!!!!

TEACH in controlled environment, in small pieces, ie - drills

PRACTICE putting the taught skills together

TEST with stress

REPEAT to increase profiency

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Jackson
    If you are serious about actually competing and live close to Peru, I have my own little range. I'd be more than willing to pour out 10+ years of competition gun handling on you. The last guy I helped went to Master and I'm not sure I'll ever beat him again, damn kids. Of course, he spent countless hours perfecting everything, so mostly it was him, not me. But, nevertheless, dialing things in correctly, beats trying to fix training scars down the road.

I wouldn't charge a dime either. I just love helping people who want to compete.

Be careful. Jackson might rub off on you just a bit too... ;)

If the guy is serious and passes this up then I am speechless.

I see offers like this extended on the board from time to time. I've extended a few myself. I rarely see anyone actually take the person up on it. Because of that, and because I like to shoot, and especially becuase I do not want to leave churchmouse speechless, Fourtrax and I have set up a range session this coming weekend. I expect it will be a good time. :) :ingo:

I had a nice day on the range with Fourtrax and CB45 this past weekend. I'd met CB45 briefly during Friday Night Steel at Marion County Fish and Game but we didn't really know each other. I had never met Fourtrax that I remember. They are both great with a pistol and fast. My marksmanship was pretty poor but I had a great time nonetheless. Fourtrax has a sweet range set up at his house which inspired much envy. They showed me some of the drills they like to use to prepare for competitions and some of the competitive strategies they use. They were both shooting pretty spiffy race guns used in USPSA Open class. This was my first opportunity to shoot a tricked out race gun, and whlie it was pretty slick, it definitely doesn't make up for a lack of skill.

We come at things from a little different perspective and have different interests which drive our shooting. Those divergent motivations may cause us to focus on different things, but from a pure shooting standpoint the techniques we use are pretty much the same. Regardless of the reason, we all like to get out and shoot.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    My my inner caveman invented fire and ate my inner puppy.

I agree. You don't learn by doing things under adrenaline, you learn by doing many repetitions. Over and over again. This is why no instructor can really teach because its on the student to develop the ruts you'll drive in under pressure. All the instructor can do is present the techniques/tools.

i do agree that under adrenaline certain higher thinking is hard to do, eg counting rounds. But that has nothing to do with the ability to use "little buttons" on the gun. Thats learned that the same way one learns to run the slide, through repetitions.

the caveman can be trained, through repetitions. The caveman is the athlete. If you don't put in the repetitions, the caveman will do stupid ****. If you put in the repetitions, the caveman will look like an athlete.

-rvb

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    You could make high b in one classifier match. A in a year would be easy for you

Me? Thanks. I would need to start working consistently again. I guess the real goal, to stick to the theme of posts which inspired the thought, should be to win a match. From what I understand about classifying, winning matches is a lot tougher goal.

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    I have been mostly lurking on this and other gun forums a long time. This thread is among the most interesting yet. Great discussion!
    Dave

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Me? Thanks. I would need to start working consistently again. I guess the real goal, to stick to the theme of posts which inspired the thought, should be to win a match. From what I understand about classifying, winning matches is a lot tougher goal.

Yeah you
    I've been in a few classes with you and I think that you could make B easy.If you practice the classifiers ahead of time you would have a shot at A.
    Winning matches is much harder than classifying,everything has to work just right. You ,your gear, your ammo,your stage plans and sometimes it depends on who shows up.
    I have been at this a while and I don't think I've even won my class at a local match.I have gotten a bunch of seconds and thirds.
    I don't work at it as hard as Chris,Chad and Robb do though. I just like to shoot and have fun, I get to do that every time.

Top Bottom