• ...and so much more!
  • indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    HOw does mcfg compare to the indiana gun club

Shotgun sports: We don't shoot skeet or sporting clays, only trap (Singles, Doubles, Wobble, and games). We have two trap fields. On the other hand we also can shoot pistol, rim fire and pistol cartridge rifle, and muzzle loaders. We don't have a store, so you need to bring your own guns and ammo. We are a shooting club.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Went to my first Trap shoot today at SCCC. Watched a couple rounds, then signed up for my first ever round of trap. Shot 9/25 which I figured was pretty good considering its my first time, and the first 25 rounds fired through the long barrel on my new shotgun.

I'm planning on going back next week to see how much I can improve.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Went to my first Trap shoot today at SCCC. Watched a couple rounds, then signed up for my first ever round of trap. Shot 9/25 which I figured was pretty good considering its my first time, and the first 25 rounds fired through the long barrel on my new shotgun.

I'm planning on going back next week to see how much I can improve.

Where is sccc again?

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Silver Creek Conservation Club in Sellersburg (Exit 7 on 65) Open Trap shooting from 5-9 on Wednesdays. $4 for a 25 clay round. Yes they have lights.

Shot my second round ever yesterday and improved from 9/25 to 13/25. :rockwoot:

Sadly, I forgot I had taken my shells out of my range bag and left two boxes at home.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    HOw does mcfg compare to the indiana gun club

If you're local to IGC, consider Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club, located between Pendleton and Anderson. Much nicer facility than IGC, but no skeet or sporting clays - trap only. Tuesdays and Fridays starting a little after 5.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We don't have a store, We are a shooting club.

They may but after three visits and really no one trying to help me, they lost a $2000 sale on a new Browning. I heard so much about them, but apparently they are selective in who they want to talk to. The first visit, I asked about a Browning CX and the guy said, "yeah, that looks like it fits" and the next two visits, not even an acknowledgement that I walked in the door.

Just a few regulars, I presume, jacking their jaws.

I know, I should have interrupted their chatting and asked for help. But I am of the mindset that I'm the one about to drop a lot of money (at least for me it is) and they should provide some "service".

Why do I need brick and mortar again? I can get that kind of treatment buying online and save $400. Which is what I did.

Looking forward to getting it out on the Trap field, hopefully the weekend after Easter, though I should be able to pattern it on Easter since we are celebrating it a day early with the grand kids.

Top Bottom