• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Anybody can own a 1911, not anyone can run one like Haley does. (and I am not a fan boy of either)

After the first guy shot, I was thinking that with practice, I can get close to his times. Then TH ran the gun and wow, what a difference. I can practice until I'm old and grey (ok, older and greyer) and will never come close to that level. I don't know if I can shoot an airsoft gun that fast.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After the first guy shot, I was thinking that with practice, I can get close to his times. Then TH ran the gun and wow, what a difference. I can practice until I'm old and grey (ok, older and greyer) and will never come close to that level. I don't know if I can shoot an airsoft gun that fast.

Granted he is running a highly tuned hand built 1911 and all but I have one that is tuned/lightened/compensated and all the goody's and am nowhere near that fast......or accurate when I try to be.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Amazing! Much like the above poster, I thought that I could probably shoot as well as the first shooter with a bit more practice. BUT, when TH shot, I thought, "How the hell does he shoot follow ups that fast!?!?" What are the components there? Strength, practice, light trigger, short reset, finely tuned recoil spring? I just really don't understand. His 1911 doesn't look that highly customized superficially?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Amazing! Much like the above poster, I thought that I could probably shoot as well as the first shooter with a bit more practice. BUT, when TH shot, I thought, "How the hell does he shoot follow ups that fast!?!?" What are the components there? Strength, practice, light trigger, short reset, finely tuned recoil spring? I just really don't understand. His 1911 doesn't look that highly customized superficially?

It is the package. The "Fit Up" of all the pieces. The trigger is a huge part of it but all the components as a package. The outward appearances are not all that strikingly different but when you pick one up and start running it is obvious what you are holding is very special.

Also consider how many rounds TH has sent down range. It makes a huge difference.

And.....look at the guns on that guy (arms)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

A lot of it has to do with recoil control. Obviously a lot of practice and experience. Other then that I don't know how the gun is setup. But all 1911s have a pretty short trigger reset. I will say that recoil spring and ammunition has an influence. My guess is the gun is setup to run factory loads. I am sure his gun does not have any type of 80 series grip or firing pin safeties. I have a 1911 in 9mm that I can actually get the sights back on target faster then the gun will cycle and I can reset the trigger, result is a sort of trigger freeze. Depends on the load I am using and such.

I am sure my Wilson Combat will run that fast. I can't control it but the gun would be capable of doing it. I don't think I would be physically capable of keeping up with these guys.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A lot of it has to do with recoil control. Obviously a lot of practice and experience. Other then that I don't know how the gun is setup. But all 1911s have a pretty short trigger reset. I will say that recoil spring and ammunition has an influence. My guess is the gun is setup to run factory loads. I am sure his gun does not have any type of 80 series grip or firing pin safeties. I have a 1911 in 9mm that I can actually get the sights back on target faster then the gun will cycle and I can reset the trigger, result is a sort of trigger freeze. Depends on the load I am using and such.

But Vert....seriously....you are just a bad man......................:)

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers

I am sure my Wilson Combat will run that fast. I can't control it but the gun would be capable of doing it. I don't think I would be physically capable of keeping up with these guys.

I guess I will chalk it up to the practice then,.. more than my 1500 rounds a month. 'Cause despite my spending 5+ hours a week for 2 years working on my "guns" and having a Wilson Combat, I still can't shoot that fast! I guess I will need to practice shooting fast, while also working on my guns.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    But Vert....seriously....you are just a bad man......................:)

Not even! Well I am a badass in a cubicle commando, cheetos eating sort of way.

I guess I will chalk it up to the practice then,.. more than my 1500 rounds a month. 'Cause despite my spending 5+ hours a week for 2 years working on my "guns" and having a Wilson Combat, I still can't shoot that fast! I guess I will need to practice shooting fast, while also working on my guns.

Practice getting hits. I am told that a person can't miss fast enough to actually help their situation. Guessing that forearms that look like Popeye's would help as well.

Top Bottom