• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had the same issues with neighbors at sisters and friends property.
    There is no easy way to solve this. Run the entire phone book. Sheriff, DNR etc. and if no results then d what you see fit.
    Personally we would be straight up his A$$ about this.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    You can buy land mines designed for paint ball use that just use a CO2 cartridge to inflate a rubber tube that bursts with the sound of an M80. There is no chance of harming the trespasser, but you would scare him quite a bit. Heck, you coud even put up "warning, land mines" signs. I've been thinking about trying this myself near a pesky neighbors tree stand on the property line. It faces MY woods, not my neighbors barren field, and every year he shoots a deer on my property, and trespasses to retrieve it.

Patient Zer0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Peru/Kokomo
    Unfortunately for me, my dad and I are the only firearm enthusiasts in the family and my dad is in a wheel chair and not much help under the circumstances. His stands have all been home made so I've been recycling the wood from his stands to shore up my chicken coop and get it ready for my chickens in the spring. I figure its a lemons/lemonade situation at this point.

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    I had the same type of issue on my property. I collect the tree stands and give them to my buddies. Trail cams will work if he doesn't end up stealing or damaging the cameras. Sherrif or DNR works if you catch them in the act. Be diligent. Be wise.

shunsley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    We have this problem at my families house. We posted no trespassing signs where they were hunting and then removed the stands and sell them.

Tom Threetoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Southwestern IN
    I thought I'd finally stopped my problem with traspassers and poachers till day before yesterday. Went to check my trail cams and someone had stolen one of them. It's been in the same spot for 2 seasons without any problems till now. The scum who I think took it has no respect for property lines. Once when he was traspassing on private property he climbed into a tree stand and fell breaking his leg. He then tried to sue the land owner for his injuries.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    loud speakers playing dueling banjos and squeling pigs, leave some bluejeans with blood on the butt for added...um...visual effect!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I assume you have "No trespassing" signs all around?

I've seen some new game cams that GPS tag the images, along with the date/time. No question exactly where the picture was taken. Place the camera where you know he frequents. Send the pics to him, carbon copy the sheriff and local Conservation Officer.

Burn any tree stands you find. Extra points if the bonfire can be seen from the neighbor's property. Level Up if you invite him over for a weenie roast over his own tree stand.

My favorite: "Live Firing Range" signs, and then do some recreational shooting when you KNOW he is trespassing. Not AT him, mind you. But safely, on your family's property, where he can most certainly hear it.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    This guy is brazen enough I think it would be worth investing in a camera with cell phone upload. Hopefully that way you can press charges when you catch him.

Reconyx is the most expensive but also looks to be reliable. I was just looking at their web page and they have a setup where you can buy a prepaid subscription (At&T I think) so your uploads won't be that expensive. The camera could probably be sold afterward for much of its value (unless of course he destroys it, but at least you should also have that recorded).

There are cheaper security cameras that do the same thing if you have access to an electrical connection and wifi.

Deer season is over now though.... is that the only time he goes in? IOW, are you going to have to wait until next year?

Patient Zer0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Peru/Kokomo
    I'm pretty sure he goes back there to go fishing in the spring and summer too. I have found evidence of someone cleaning fish when none of us had been back there for weeks. Does anybody sell trip line flare launchers? I could always set up a peremiter with those.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Surprised no one has suggested this

Wouldn't work too well this time of year, but you get the idea.

Another option: find a stand and nail/glue/weld a ****-ton of no-trespassing signs to it. At the very least, he would get the hint that this is in fact the reason that his stands keep disappearing. I would do this in a way that renders the stand irreparably ruined.

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    Trip wires well placed like this
    12_ga_alarm_ezr2.jpg
    and post signs where he will see them, trespass after warning... Or go hunting and say I thought he was a deer!:ar15:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Trip wires well placed like this
    12_ga_alarm_ezr2.jpg
    and post signs where he will see them, trespass after warning... Or go hunting and say I thought he was a deer!:ar15:

Heres a thought.....no ideas posted that can result in death and mayhem. Just not a good idea. We may "Talk" about handing out a tune up but that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^looks a bit deadly.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Heres a thought.....no ideas posted that can result in death and mayhem. Just not a good idea. We may "Talk" about handing out a tune up but that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^looks a bit deadly.

It looks the same as the one I posted. I think for flares it would hold up fine. But if you tried real ammo, I think the shell would split, pop and scatter some shot. I think that is how they get away with selling them.

Top Bottom