• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    He's closed the gap. But I think what's more important is that there are tons of people that are afraid to admit they will vote for Trump when called by a pollster stranger. So if the polls show him even with Hillary then he is certainly going to win. On the other side of the coin there no one who claims to vote for Trump is secretly shilling for Hillary. Okay maybe a couple hippies at Berkeley but the California vote is irrelevant anyway.

Shock: CNN Poll Shows Trump Now Leading Hillary Clinton - Breitbart

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He's closed the gap. But I think what's more important is that there are tons of people that are afraid to admit they will vote for Trump when called by a pollster stranger.
    How many? 1 out of 10? 9 out of 10?

How many people expressing support for HRC are actually going to vote for Trump, do you think?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I wonder if Pence will be a host, or if he'll fall back to Fox.

I heard that he, the red head adventure team G I Joe, his son and his son's friend Haji, (along with their dog) are planning a road trip to Yellowstone...

Jonny-quest-opening-title.jpg

"Oh for Pete's sake Haji Trump wasn't going to deport you...He just told you to start dressing like a ^%$$*^& American...Now quit whining and give the dog his suppository...We're almost to Old Faithful..."

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How many people expressing support for HRC are actually going to vote for Trump, do you think?

The real question Lex is how many people expressing support for HRC are actually going to vote for HRC.....A politician needs something to get people out to the polls and that woman is missing that magic...I know quite a few yellow dog Democrats that are sitting out this time...They just can't stand her...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The real question Lex is how many people expressing support for HRC are actually going to vote for HRC.....A politician needs something to get people out to the polls and that woman is missing that magic...I know quite a few yellow dog Democrats that are sitting out this time...They just can't stand her...

Yes. I've been quite consistent (along with GP and jamil (not his real name)) that turnout will be key - and unpossible to really predict - for both sides. And I don't mean base-turnout; I mean independent turnout.

Here's the crux, though: HRC isn't missing the magic - Trump provides at least 1 incantation every week. Personally, if we accept that the independent voters will hold the keys to the kingdom, having the 2 least likable candidates since... ever... means that the bases might be most important. In that case, Trump loses in the key states. Republicans have a smaller base in those states and HRC has done less to alienate them.

If - IF - Trump can stay on-message and on-script (that's a big "if") then he may draw more independents to the polls in those key states.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yes. I've been quite consistent (along with GP and jamil (not his real name)) that turnout will be key - and unpossible to really predict - for both sides. And I don't mean base-turnout; I mean independent turnout.

Here's the crux, though: HRC isn't missing the magic - Trump provides at least 1 incantation every week. Personally, if we accept that the independent voters will hold the keys to the kingdom, having the 2 least likable candidates since... ever... means that the bases might be most important. In that case, Trump loses in the key states. Republicans have a smaller base in those states and HRC has done less to alienate them.

If - IF - Trump can stay on-message and on-script (that's a big "if") then he may draw more independents to the polls in those key states.

I concur....Are you sure Jamil's real name is not Jamil????? I know GP is GP with the numbers...:)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Kasich was and is a traditional GOP candidate. He would have faired no better than McCain or Romney. The GOP cannot elect a national candidate due to the shift in the population. I agree that Kasich made sense calm and experienced good center of the road polices that would work. That doesn't work anymore we need out of the box loud a little bit crazy. This may get enough people to the polls to overtake HRC.
    McCain and Romney ran against Obama. Hillary is not Obama (evidenced by the fact that she lost to Obama). True Hillary supporters are few and thin. NeverTrump fills in the gaps and makes it a close race.

I disagree on the concept, "we need out of the box loud a little bit crazy". Just someone that's competent and not a crook will suffice. And in the opinion of many voters, Trump is neither.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    What country is it that all the NeverTrumpers are moving to when Trump wins?

They better stay here...Some of my favorite people are nevertrumpers....These folks are principled patriots in a state that is going for Trump no matter what so what's the big deal????

They are our people bwframe...Our people...We need them for this brave new world....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I heard that he, the red head adventure team G I Joe, his son and his son's friend Haji, (along with their dog) are planning a road trip to Yellowstone...

Jonny-quest-opening-title.jpg

"Oh for Pete's sake Haji Trump wasn't going to deport you...He just told you to start dressing like a ^%$$*^& American...Now quit whining and give the dog his suppository...We're almost to Old Faithful..."

The future isn't looking too bright.......

[video=youtube;4tHJK2CSz6Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tHJK2CSz6Q[/video]

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Is fleeing one's homeland the only option you can imagine for the aggrieved?

Endurance, resistance, counter-activism, etc. - is there something invalid about those who opt to not run away?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Is fleeing one's homeland the only option you can imagine for the aggrieved?

Endurance, resistance, counter-activism, etc. - is there something invalid about those who opt to not run away?

I guess the obvious corollary is, where will Trump supporters move when HRC wins? Manhattan?

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Trump meets with the mexican president, speech was very good. Gives a very good speech on his immigration plans and sticks to what he says(didnt flip flop like so many people keep saying, weird huh?) Goes to detroit and gives an awesome speech at a black church. He's the GOP version of obama?? LETS HOPE SO. LETS HOPE HE DOES EVERYTHING OPPOSITE OF OBAMA AND DO IT JUST LIKE OBAMA DID AND GET THIS COUNTRY BACK ON TRACK. So many people have come forward who have worked for him and personally know him and praise him all day long as a great, generous, loving person. His children are a great reflection on him. Its so easy to believe the media and hate him, and those people doing it are the ones trashing the media! Meanwhile hilary wont give press conferences or come out of her hiding spot, and gary johnson is......ummm....is he smoking dope in his basement while pushing for TPP?? Who knows and who cares, he's got zero shot. But what he can do is hurt trump and help hildog.

If you are honest with yourself and must realize johnson wont win. Then you must know he only takes away votes from trump. Then you must realize that trump is the only real option you have to stop what obama started and start getting this country in a direction away from this corruption and liberalism. Change the republican party from the inside. Thats easier and faster and way less painful that helping hilary win and really destroy the country. If you are honest, your vote should go to trump. No candidate will ever be everyone's favorite most perfect person in your eyes or mine. You have a choice this time, dont waste it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Looking at the latest pole numbers I'd say Johnson is taking liberal leaning moderates away from Hitlery, NOT Trump.

That's a foolish roll of the dice though. Any vote that is not for someone that can beat Hilary is a support vote for her.

Even though this in an INDIANA gun owners forum, it can be viewed anywhere. people all over the country read these words. Third party throw away votes could make a difference in other states. The same as they could make a difference down ballot here.

Helping the enemy is helping the enemy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom