• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    He has a dysfunctional presidency and the revolving door of staff members he hand picks that fail prove that he can't make a good decision :dunno:

He's chose to Staff his Administration with a number of different competing factions. He supposedly likes this but he tends to foster the thought of favorites and everyone competing to gain his attention. It's not like his chief of staff was the chief. So everybody was fighting constantly for Trumps attention and always constantly at war. It's also not if someone like Bannon doesn't have extreme tendencies. In fact he's been reported as warring with a number of different parties on this or that almost all of the time.

To add to the chaos Trump is chaotic and reactionary. Not really a stabilizing force but more of a constant upheaval. I mean it was quite evident to this point as no one could get on the same sheet of music. But that was Trumps fault. He often went against anything being put out from the White Hose or others in has Administration. Constantly reacting to Trumps whims and wishes every time he goes off script.

This is nothing new according to a number of people who used to work for him, you saw this in his campaign and this has just continued into his Presdency. The biggest difference is he under greater scrutiny with greater and constant demands. But really no difference in how he is known for operating.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I vote for discussing Bannon's turncoating here. :)

Anyone else concerned about what the guy is up to?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I vote for discussing Bannon's turncoating here. :)

Anyone else concerned about what the guy is up to?

He has a book to sell now. My guess is this guy is up to the same thing he has always been up to: pandering to ideologues for personal gain.

I am curious if, after he “pulls back the curtain”, if anything of substance will be revealed.

I doubt anything he says will shake the confidence of trump’s true believers. Any criticism of their god-king (even if legitimate) will be met with denials of “fake news”.

This is American tribalism at its finest.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He has a book to sell now. My guess is this guy is up to the same thing he has always been up to: pandering to ideologues for personal gain.

I am curious if, after he “pulls back the curtain”, if anything of substance will be revealed.

I doubt anything he says will shake the confidence of trump’s true believers. Any criticism of their god-king (even if legitimate) will be met with denials of “fake news”.

This is American tribalism at its finest.

He really hasn't attacked Trump; and I think so purposefully. He seems to always be throwing Kushner, and other people under the bus.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t think I’d say Bannon is “turncoating’ per se. He’s always been loyal to himself at others’ expense.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    NeverTrumpers certainly hang on Bannon's every "word," whether he actually said it or not.

So this is awkward.
    Ex-aide Bannon has lost his mind - Trump - BBC News

"Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind," Mr Trump said in a statement on Wednesday.
    "Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party," he continued.
    "Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn't as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country."

ETA:
    Full text of statement from:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/03/read-president-donald-trumps-full-statement-on-steve-bannon.html

Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.

Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn't as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn't represent my base—he's only in it for himself.

Steve pretends to be at war with the media,which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was. It is the only thing he does well. Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.

We have many great Republican members of Congress and candidates who are very supportive of the Make America Great Again agenda. Like me, they love the United States of America and are helping to finally take our country back and build it up, rather than simply seeking to burn it all down.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm just a witness to this dumpster fire so it isn't really awkward for me. ;)

Awkward for Bannon, Trump, and those who've supported both.

Just another day making America great again. Icing on the cake is getting the hackles up on the opposition. ;)

Top Bottom