• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    No body part of mine is near the barrel when I pull the trigger to disassemble. Even after I drop the magazine eject the chambered round. Even after I physically look into the open chamber.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    How difficult is it to check the chamber to see if the weapon is clear before pulling the trigger??? You can manage to shoot yourself with anything (even a slingshot) if your brain is not engaged. So the way I read it he really dislikes being forced to check the chamber before removing the slide for cleaning. Stupid people complaining about following basic safety procedures give me an ulcer.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT] NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [h=3]Certified Glock armorer—GSSF Member[FONT=&quot][/FONT][/h] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1911, M&P & Ruger MK III Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    How difficult is it to check the chamber to see if the weapon is clear before pulling the trigger??? You can manage to shoot yourself with anything (even a slingshot) if your brain is not engaged. So the way I read it he really dislikes being forced to check the chamber before removing the slide for cleaning. Stupid people complaining about following basic safety procedures give me an ulcer.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor
    Certified Glock armorer—GSSF Member

1911, M&P & Ruger MK III Mechanic

The problem is that stupid people have the same right to protect themselves as the less stupid ones do. I'm guessing that message was addressing those that are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Another problem is that you cannot start a message like that with 'If you are stupid, please read this:'. Nobody will think it applies to them :)

On second thought, maybe that's exactly how it should be started. That title would probably gain more readers than the existing headline does. Then, the message would be driven home that if they don't do a safety check, the reader truly is stupid. Almost nobody wants to be stupid so exposing a bad habit for it's stupidity might just wake some folks up.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor
    Certified Glock armorer—GSSF Member

1911, M&P & Ruger MK III Mechanic

+1

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Pretty simple to me, you gotta know what you're doing when disassembling a Glock. I don't even leave mags in my guns inside my safe, and I always unload the mags while in storage. I've been told that loaded mags left loaded for extended periods of time will fatigue the mag spring and eventually need to be replaced for that reason.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So interchange the word Glock with the word firearm and you've got a good article. I don't see what the brand of gun has to do with this, unless you want it to go bang, check for an empty chamber before you pull the trigger on any gun.

Pohaku

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    In the middle
    It seems to me that any discharge accident must come from neglecting to follow the safety steps each and every time you handle the gun for disassembly. This must also include leaving the gun unattended for any period of time after you complete the safety procedure, then return. i.e. after some unforeseen sudden emergency or just leaving the room to fix yourself another double scotch...

LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    I don't get all the Glock bashing. If you are looking for a target gun probably won't work for you. As a reliable gun it will. My department has issued SIG 220's, Colt and SIG 1911's, and Glock 21's over the last 18 years. Guess which ones have never broken.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    1. Some people should not be allowed to contaminate the gene pool.
    2. So much butthurt over whether anonymous strangers on the internet like the same gun you like. Life's too short and there are so many other things about which to give a ****.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Frequent cycling of the magazine(loading and unloading) will wear out a mag spring faster than leaving the mag loaded at all times.

LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    Was that comment directed at me? No butthurt here, simply making an observation. Preference as to which guns you like is individual. I may like some that somebody else doesn't, but I'm not going to make derogatory comments about what somebody else likes and has. If they like it and are happy with it that's all that matters.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    I will take my chances with my Glock or any of my firearms but i always verify its unloaded before i decide to field strip it and clean it.

Top Bottom