• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Range trip today with a friend and his 357 and 1911 in .45. Atterbury was packed at 1pm.

I surprised myself by being more accurate at 15 yards with the XD9SC than 4" model. Seems I need some training.

The 1911 was very accurate which was a lot Of fun. We backed off to 25 yards and I was hitting the target stand but not always the paper. As new as I am I was still happy.

So now I need a 1911 in 45 and a revolver. Santa... I've been good this year :)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was surprised at the minimal recoil from the 45. Perhaps I'm just huge and it's a fly landing on an elephant thing.

My shoulder hurts from the AK barrage so probably not the tough guy thing.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So now I need a 1911 in 45 and a revolver.

And you do not have one? Hang your head in shame.

You, you are the reason we do not have a lower Brady score. Slackers, whining about not having any guns, wanting someone else to go to the gun show and carry your pack by buying more guns to cover your end of the log.

No, you get off the couch and go buy more guns . . . yourself.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was surprised at the minimal recoil from the 45. Perhaps I'm just huge and it's a fly landing on an elephant thing.

I recently shot a buddy's glock 36, my first .45 I had shot, and I was surprised how little recoil it had. I could barely tell the difference between that and the 9's we were shooting. I'm not a real big guy but I have strong hands and it felt great.

That being said I think we both deserve a 1911 and a revolver! :rockwoot:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Now wait just a minute here.

You mean to tell me there are INGO members that don't own a 45? OK guess I have to look for a more respectable forum now.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing myself. I'm looking for a used S&W Model 19 or 66, 4" barrel. Always wanted an old .357 Smith, and now's the time. For a 1911 though I'm not totally sold on one model or company. My uncle's Kimber jams like a mother...I'm partial to Springfield Armory's 1911 I suppose. If only on paper.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You mean to tell me there are INGO members that don't own a 45? OK guess I have to look for a more respectable forum now.

No, No, No! You don't have to do that. I, and many others on ingo, have (virtually) owned several 1911's, Kimbers, h&k's, sigs, we've owned them all. It is just that currently we don't own one, that's all. We go through soooo much buying and selling that we sometimes forget we sold them all. No biggie, I predict a mass buy out of .45's this week. A pair of matching colts sounds nice let me just get this $2000 out of my pocket. :):

Seriously I love every 1911 I see and can't wait to get one. It can be ridiculous the amount of time I spend trying to figure out what I want next and how much I need to come up with and how I am going to to get it. I LOVE IT!:ingo:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And you do not have one? Hang your head in shame.

You, you are the reason we do not have a lower Brady score. Slackers, whining about not having any guns, wanting someone else to go to the gun show and carry your pack by buying more guns to cover your end of the log.

No, you get off the couch and go buy more guns . . . yourself.

Jeez, you'd think I was sweeping the crowd without eye or ear protection while coonfingering a handgun drunk on vodka and power :)

I have an AK, a carry pistol, HD pistol, and my grandfather's 1927 police 38. I currently pay close to eight high-points a month to Sallie Mae. Hard to budget justify more guns now, but I can make a list!

Top Bottom