• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Beech Grove Firearms should be opened back up this spring. They don't have a problem with NFA items or how fast I shoot. I'll keep my support with the local business that also supports this site.

I did not have a chance to get in there before the idiot burned it down. I will when it gets back up and running. Great store with good people staffing it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've heard they're not rebuilding it.

Given the extreme delay, I would have to assume you are correct. And given the saturation of ranges since the fire, combined with a slowing of the gun economy after the election, I dont blame them for stopping. It cant possibly be the moneymaker it was 5 years ago.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Given the extreme delay, I would have to assume you are correct. And given the saturation of ranges since the fire, combined with a slowing of the gun economy after the election, I dont blame them for stopping. It cant possibly be the moneymaker it was 5 years ago.

I agree, as much as I hate to say it. They were the first local range I got hooked on and I'll definitely miss it :(

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    What ever happened to the guy from BGF that used to update us with the progress?

Are you talking about me or I think his screen name was carryguns or something like that.
    I haven't been in touch with BGF&R in a long, long time and I haven't heard anything either.
    So sad to lose two gun ranges in Beach Grove.
    I had hoped they would give updates once in a while but it doesn't appear so.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I picked a Ruger 22/45 in there last night and didnt think yo ask.

But to keep this on topic.

I went to Indy Trading Post this afternoon with an SBR and 2 suppressors and they didn't mention a word about tax stamps other than "nice rifle"

Which will further separate me from Point Blank

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Last weekend I met a friend of mine at Parabellum so he could shoot some of my rifles. I didn't have a case for one of my suppressed SBR's so I put a sling on it and a chamber flag in it. No problems with it or the 2 others that were in bags. I did get some smiles and comments on it from other shooters. Matter of fact the RO commented on them when we were shooting them. I even got him to shoot my Ruger 22/45 with a suppressor on it. I can't see that happening at PB.
    Dan

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    As of now the beech grove range is NOT reopening. I heard it direct from the horses mouth. The real horse.
    maybe sometime down the road but right now not gonna happen.
    it is very sad. However the store is still open and has a huge selection. Always good to support a smaller local owned shop rather than a big box chain like ghander or point blank. Other than employees they have no ties or loyalty to US the people around them.
    Support places like;
    USDS, Indy Trading Post, Beech Grove firearms, Plainfield shooting supplies, ect. Ones owned by the working man and woman of our towns.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Last weekend I met a friend of mine at Parabellum so he could shoot some of my rifles. I didn't have a case for one of my suppressed SBR's so I put a sling on it and a chamber flag in it. No problems with it or the 2 others that were in bags. I did get some smiles and comments on it from other shooters. Matter of fact the RO commented on them when we were shooting them. I even got him to shoot my Ruger 22/45 with a suppressor on it. I can't see that happening at PB.
    Dan

I often have RO's comment on what I bring to shoot at PB and have even let a couple of them shoot some of my guns.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As of now the beech grove range is NOT reopening. I heard it direct from the horses mouth. The real horse.
    maybe sometime down the road but right now not gonna happen.
    it is very sad. However the store is still open and has a huge selection. Always good to support a smaller local owned shop rather than a big box chain like ghander or point blank. Other than employees they have no ties or loyalty to US the people around them.
    Support places like;
    USDS, Indy Trading Post, Beech Grove firearms, Plainfield shooting supplies, ect. Ones owned by the working man and woman of our towns.

I got the same info. As of now it will not be re-built.

Top Bottom