• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Funny how this happens just in time to interfere with our (Students for concealed carry) meeting with the administration. I'll still be there on time. Kick me out, and I'll wait until they open the doors.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    So, what is the minimum distance? I get that they must be 'likely to come to the
    attention of the public", but that part of the IC doesn't have any units defined.
    this was several years ago. Our signs were 100 feet apart. they said they should be every 50 feet.

I don't know how the "rules" change for urban Vs rural property. my experience is with a few hundred acres of wooded property.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    In my building a guy just came through a little bit ago and told students "everyone has to go to a locked office/room, you are not allowed to be in this (public) area."

Last I checked, I was an adult whose money is paying for this property and your salary....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I can understand elementary to high school lockdowns as the school has that whole en loco parentis thing to fall back on, but how do they have the authority to force adults into rooms and keep them there against their will?

MWCMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    South
    My daughter was finally allowed to leave the room she was in and made it her math class with 20 min. left. The prof had been teaching the whole time and has notes all over the board. She's not happy. I say that she should have studied the material before hand. Oh well.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I can understand elementary to high school lockdowns as the school has that whole en loco parentis thing to fall back on, but how do they have the authority to force adults into rooms and keep them there against their will?

They don't.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So...my younger brother and three friends work and go to school there. Sorry to **** all over your thoughts on the 2nd amendment with my worries about crazy aholes shooting up colleges. You're right, it's no problem, people just walk around schools with long guns. My brother and my buddy who informed me are both armed right now because of morons who want to copycat.

Sorry to **** all over your worries with my Constitutional rights.
    It's people like you, with thoughts like this, that are the problem.
    You understand that right?

Keep that in mind when you let your fears disarm everyone, and your little brother and buddy are sitting down there unarmed, as opposed to having options like they did.

Last edited:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    zwb49s.jpg

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Some amazing responses here...and this is a self defense thread category? Someone forgot to sign up for "Don't get the drizzles 101".

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    this was several years ago. Our signs were 100 feet apart. they said they should be every 50 feet.

I don't know how the "rules" change for urban Vs rural property. my experience is with a few hundred acres of wooded property.

Sounds like the CO pulled that out of their behind. IC is pretty clear - both on trespass and "Consent to use private land" (IC 14-22-10-1). Both are misdemeanors (A and C, respectively). No distances are mentioned.

Wow, got off on a tangent, there!

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Sorry to **** all over your worries with my Constitutional rights.
    It's people like you, with thoughts like this, that are the problem.
    You understand that right?

Keep that in mind when you let your fears disarm everyone, and your little brother and buddy are sitting down there unarmed, as opposed to having options like they did.
    :mods:

General Forum Rules

1) INGunOwners.com is viewed by thousands of people a day (not all of them gun owners or even gun friendly) As a public board we must make a good impression to those who view our community and represent Hoosier Gun Owners in the best possible light. INGO is a family friendly site and material posted must remain G-rated. Spamming, trolling, flaming or other personal attacks will not be tolerated.

2) Language that would be inappropriate in the polite company of strangers is unwelcome here. Posts which are indecipherable due to the inability to translate thoughts into coherent written statements will be deleted without explanation.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Getting School emergency people talking to me on Twitter, even the head of IUPUI Emergency, saying it's not a "lockdown", but a "shelter-in-place" situation.

Someone want to clarify? They imply they aren't forcing people to stay behind locked doors.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Roger that, I don't try to self-sensor my posts anymore because I got a warning about that. I was told to let the software they have in place do that for me, so... I guess they're alright with saying ****. Just not ****, ****, and *****. haha

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We obviously need more gun free zones to keep this sort of thing from happening.

Wait a minute! I thought ooee-pooee was already a gun-free zone! Oh, never mind, I get it... you're saying we need to make it more illegaler to have one of those death machines there. Never mind. Forget I typed this. (found my purple crayon.... And yes, ooee-pooee is the correct pronunciation of IUPUI.)

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom