• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    This is really starting to stink. I cannot see any other possibility other than this was a planned political stunt.

University Of Central Florida Scare Reminds Us Why Guns Have No Place On Campus - Forbes
    What I don't understand is how a scare like this is justifiable reason to NOT allow campus carry. :dunno:

Wouldn't logic say that all of these people were fearful because they had no means to defend themselves and didn't need to worry if they had been permitted access to proper defense tools.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Think like your enemy.

Guns=Criminals, thus Citizen with gun=criminal.

Who protects us from criminals, the government via the police.

Sheep cannot distinguish between the sheep dog and the wolf.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    What I don't understand is how a scare like this is justifiable reason to NOT allow campus carry. :dunno:

Wouldn't logic say that all of these people were fearful because they had no means to defend themselves and didn't need to worry if they had been permitted access to proper defense tools.

Yes, LOGIC would state exactly what you stated above. However, these people don't use logic, they use emotion. And emotion says that if someone got scared because they thought they saw a gun, thus causing a 4 hour lockdown and manhunt, then allowing proper persons to conceal carry on campus will create more of these problems when people spot a gun that was intended to be concealed. We don't want to put people in a panic on a regular basis, so it's best to coddle those with a fear of guns than to allow proper persons the ability to defend themselves should a real event occur. Besides, this is Indiana and mass shootings don't occur here, so you have no real reason to carry a gun for protection. Plus, we have campus police, who coordinate with state police and we react quickly to prevent any potential shootings. Insert purple where needed, but these WILL be their arguments against allowing people to carry on campus.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Only a person well-versed with where the camera are could make a call from a blind zone on campus.

This reeks of faculty involvement.

+1 I can't believe the media isn't trying to get the identify of the caller and investigate the whole incident, after all, it appears as if it were a colossal waste of tax dollars.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    On WIBC they said the MWAG call was from a band *** who saw an instrument case in someone's trunk, and looked closer to check it out, and saw a shotgun inside it. So the gun--if it was a gun--never left the trunk. It very well may have been paintball gear.

This is hysteria. Wasn't this story on the national news? People are just waiting, almost hoping, for a shooting.

A band what? I know you didn't say f a g right?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Only a person well-versed with where the camera are could make a call from a blind zone on campus.

This reeks of faculty involvement.

Your olfactory sense is onto something. I just had a mind-numbing phone conversation with someone that I trust fully. You wont believe me but you would believe him.

A) There was no person seen with a long gun in hand walking or otherwise.

B) This may have not been a long gun that was seen - it may have been nothing or never existed.

C) The person that called this in to report a long gunman may not even exist. As it appears very clearly that it might have been an exercise. mmm hmmmm.

I don't know anything more, but the news isn't going to help.

Does anyone have any physical discription information from yesterday? I can't find anything about dress/height/build/hair, nothing. please link me anything like that.

We're about to see a pseudo cover-up if a challenge is made to investigate deeper.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Your olfactory sense is onto something. I just had a mind-numbing phone conversation with someone that I trust fully. You wont believe me but you would believe him.

A) There was no person seen with a long gun in hand walking or otherwise.

B) This may have not been a long gun that was seen - it may have been nothing or never existed.

C) The person that called this in to report a long gunman may not even exist. As it appears very clearly that it might have been an exercise. mmm hmmmm.

I don't know anything more, but the news isn't going to help.

Does anyone have any physical discription information from yesterday? I can't find anything about dress/height/build/hair, nothing. please link me anything like that.

We're about to see a pseudo cover-up if a challenge is made to investigate deeper.

On IndyStar yesterday, I read something along the lines of "male, in his 40's, who was driving a grey or green sedan".

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    With all this GFZ talk, I wonder if anybody accidentally has stepped on the property or forgot they were carrying around a daycare or whatever. I know IUPUI isn't a school as far as IC states IIRC. Just a thought though. Definitely would want to GET OUT QUICK. You wouldn't necessarily get in trouble if nobody seen you doing it. Thoughts?

Top Bottom