• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Got a Molot factory tri-rail lower hand guard from Legion USA today. After a bit of scraping and sanding it fits nice and tight. Added a spare AFG I had laying around. Now it feels as badass as it looks. At least IMO.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    interesting. Mine fit right on with no issues, BUT it is basically a loose toleranced AK! ;)

It just needed a couple burs of plastic removed and a slight rub with some 200 grit sand paper on the tang that fits into the receiver. I think it had more to do with the molding of the hand guard than it did with the receiver.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The newest ones they're importing can't be made to fold. I guess it's just a rear plate with the tubes welded on and no longer a tack welded folder. I don't know if that's what classic has but that seems to be phase 3 of these things.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Still wondering what to do with mine. Already have a bonesteel folder, muzzle device, new grip, and added rail section on the bottom of the handguard.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Get rid of the horrible "ambi" safety? Mine could use a good dehorning too, lots of sharp edges. On my to-do list is to machine up a wooden lower handguard from a maple block I have earmarked.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Here is how mine has turned out so far...

2csjqiq.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Finally got to take my Vepr 12 out to the property to do some blasting. Ran 50 rounds of S&B 00 through it and my god! I'm in love with this shotgun! I would say it ran like a sewing machine but more accurately it ran like a jackhammer. Love love love it.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Got an email 51 minutes ago that CSS had the Vepr 12 drums back in stock.

By the time I saw the email, they were again out of stock - but this might be an indication that SGM is happy with and shipping the 25 round drums again??

EDIT:
    SGM homepage does indicate that they shipped these to a handful of retailers.

Last edited:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Got an email 51 minutes ago that CSS had the Vepr 12 drums back in stock.

By the time I saw the email, they were again out of stock - but this might be an indication that SGM is happy with and shipping the 25 round drums again??

EDIT:
    SGM homepage does indicate that they shipped these to a handful of retailers.

A few months ago on vepr .org they were discussing the availability of the sgm drums and the verdict was that the drums were never in fact shipped. Have you read somewhere where someone has one in their hands?

Top Bottom