• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I just took my Vepr out to show some cardboard the deal. I learned quickly that my SGM mag worthless. It would shoot out the bottom of the shotgun after every round. My saiga 030 mags ran perfect as always. My shoulder is now worthless thanks to good mags and tons of rounds.

tiretrack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    our side o the wire
    The cheapest I have found them was when they were on sale, in a pack from Legion USA - but they were still nowhere near "cheap".

CSSPECS does make US metal body magazines for the VEPR 12 in 8 & 10 round, and I while I have none myself, people seem to have good things to say.

I also read someone reporting that certain Saiga magazines may work - was it the 030 variant magazines? (not certain if the LRBHO engages)

I just received my CSSPECS V12 mag order. Two 8s and one 10. We ran 50 rounds of Rio 7.5 shot target load , 5 round 00buck and 5 rounds Winchester slugs. 1 malfunction, when we loaded 2 target,1 00buck and 1slug. The 8rd mag dropped free after the last slug was fired (may have been operator error ). Other than that all good,all snapped in with no modification and fed flawlessly.
    Not a high round test, but what we could get through while tending the grill.
    One aside, I had recently installed a fab defense shock stock and a short monster claw muzzle brake . They made the target loads fun, but the slugs not so much. So we grabbed my old mossy 500 to compare, the old girl kicks more than I remembered; ) , the brake and stock worked pretty well

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I completely agree!

From what I have read (nothing official) - the specimens have changed somewhat over the waves of importation as the importer has worked with Molot to decrease the cost.[/quote

The most recent price drop was due to a change in importers. FIME Group (K-VAR) now has the exclusive import agreement on these, and has established a very reasonable price point for the fixed stock gun. They will be bringing forth a factory folder as well, but it will be priced much higher as it will already be 922(r) compliant. They are also importing a version with a wood thumbhole stock (a la the Vepr rifles) but the original polymer handguard, which I totally don't get. They have also opened the importation floodgates on factory mags, which are now priced reasonably enough that one doesn't have to settle for lesser quality domestically produced mags (unless you need the 922r parts).

So IMHO, unless you want the VEPR side folder stock, or an AR tubular style stock, the current price really is a steal. I think at $1,000 the VEPR 12 was a good deal compared to converting a Saiga 12 - but at $699, it really isn't very far from what basic AK's are currently going for.

Yep! :yesway:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Just an FYI:

Installed the steel flared magwell today, and as I expected, the SGM drums will not function with the steel competition magwell - as the round part of the drum comes in contact with the flared magwell lip before it can lock into place.

The flared magwell does seem to aid loading the Russian mags, so I will probably run it for awhile.

Top Bottom