• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I have put a couple hundred rounds through this gun and it has functioned flawlessly! The ergonomics on it are great and it has a great DA/SA trigger. In fact I think it is better than my Sig 229.

Here is one of my favorite reviewers video of it. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VUxCkJxNSU

Does anyone else have experience with this gun?

Heard lots of good things about CZ75. Quite a statement for you to make about Sig 229. Must be a sweet pistol! Enjoy!

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Thanks for your response! I am not saying it is a better overall gun, but the double action trigger is smoother.

It has some advantages. It is lighter and has a better DA trigger. The magazines are harder to find and expensive. My Sig 229 is a three caliber gun. It came as a .40 and I have a .357 Sig and 9mm conversion bbl's.

I would love to have a conversion bbl (9mm) for the CZ and some mags. I haven't seen a conversion bbl for them.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Thanks for your response! I am not saying it is a better overall gun, but the double action trigger is smoother.

It has some advantages. It is lighter and has a better DA trigger. The magazines are harder to find and expensive. My Sig 229 is a three caliber gun. It came as a .40 and I have a .357 Sig and 9mm conversion bbl's.

I would love to have a conversion bbl (9mm) for the CZ and some mags. I haven't seen a conversion bbl for them.
    It's seem that some items are still very hard to find for certain makes/models(Mags, etc).

Have you seen this list? I bet you will like what you see! :cool:
    The Best Nines - Best 9mm Pistol Site handgun review test gun dealer 40 S&W

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I have looked at th p-07 for a while. Maybe I should just go ahead and pick it up. I ended up buying the cz p-01 and am impressed with it. I also like my cz pistols better than my Sig 226. All are good guns but the cz fits my hand better.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm a big fan of the CZ 75 models, I had two of the P07 pistols when they first came out. The only reason I got rid of them is because there were literally no holsters available for them back then. I still have quite a few other CZ 75 variants and regret getting rid of both of the P07 models I had. Should have kept one of them.

As for your comment about it being better than the Sig P229, that comment is more common than you might think. Most folks I know who have tried BOTH the various Sig pistols and have handled/shot the CZ 75 variants tend to agree that the CZ 75 is a better gun.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Everytime I'm in a gun shop I just have to check out a P-07 Duty! It feels so good in my hands! One of these day's when 9mm comes back in stock I'll fork over the cash to buy one!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thanks Kawtech87!

No problem! I enjoy passing out some CZ Koolaide!

The CZ P07 is a good gun but better than a classic P series absolutely not IMHO.

I started out as a dedicated Sig fanboy. At one point I owned 4. Now I only own 1 and I own 3 CZs. So take that for what it's worth. For me CZs fit better and I shoot them better. The only thing Sig has over a CZ is the trigger out of the box. Sigs SRT trigger is one of the best DA/SA systems on the market imho. But after about 500 rounds the trigger on my P-01 started to smooth out. Then at about 1k rounds it's smoothed out real nice.

Comparing the P229 to a P-07 isn't really fair anyway. A beter comparison would be the SP2022 to the P-07 and in that match up the P-07 wins hands down imho.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I found 3 beat up CZ75 preB police pistols and refurbed them. Cajun Gun Works set up the adjustable sears on two and MAN am I happy with them. G/F keeps one bedside w/o the adjustable sear cause she has been known to double up on S/A with those CGW sears. They caused me to buy a 2075 Rami in .40 that I've adopted as my edc. My Sig P228 spends most of it's time in the safe these days.

Side Guard makes good holsters for 75's.

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    No problem! I enjoy passing out some CZ Koolaide!

I started out as a dedicated Sig fanboy. At one point I owned 4. Now I only own 1 and I own 3 CZs. So take that for what it's worth. For me CZs fit better and I shoot them better. The only thing Sig has over a CZ is the trigger out of the box. Sigs SRT trigger is one of the best DA/SA systems on the market imho. But after about 500 rounds the trigger on my P-01 started to smooth out. Then at about 1k rounds it's smoothed out real nice.

Comparing the P229 to a P-07 isn't really fair anyway. A beter comparison would be the SP2022 to the P-07 and in that match up the P-07 wins hands down imho.

Sig fanboy? Open my safe and you'll see more than just Sigs. If you shoot a CZ better then good on ya. I never stated it was a bad gun. I actually think it is tough to beat in its price range. However, by your own admission the trigger is not as good out the box. The classic P series triggers are tough to beat all I'm sayin.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sig fanboy? Open my safe and you'll see more than just Sigs. If you shoot a CZ better then good on ya. I never stated it was a bad gun. I actually think it is tough to beat in its price range. However, by your own admission the trigger is not as good out the box. The classic P series triggers are tough to beat all I'm sayin.

I'm right there with you. I never ment to imply that you were a Sig fanboy, I was simply saying that is how I started out. I own or have owned Glocks, Rugers, S&Ws, Sigs and Springfields and through all of those the CZ fits me the best and I shoot them the best with one exception of my Springer 1911. I was honestly hesitant to carry my P-01 just because they can be hard to come by so I chose to carry my G19 just so IF I had to replace it or fix it for any reason I could easily. Now I have 2 P-01s so it has become my EDC simply because it is what I enjoy shooting the most.

The Sig SRT is a very nice trigger system I will freely admit. I honestly have never shot a P-07 which uses CZs Omega trigger system which is CZs version of an SRT. So I cannot faithfully compare the two. One plus I have to give to the Omega trigger is the ability to go from a decocker to a traditional 1911 style saftey with the added benefit of still having a DA option just by swapping a few parts.

Sig, CZ, S&W, Glock carry what ever fits your fancy my friend. :patriot::ingo:

mrzachary

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    I have these two guys and they are both a dream. I will say that the first magazine I ran through the P-07 I had 2 ftf's which scared the crap out of me. After that it has been smooth sailing. As for my 82 read:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/221396-cz_82_torture_in_the_river.html - Just a random test to see what it can really handle.

CZ has something very interesting going on with their grip angle/shape that just melts the pistol into your hand making it feel like it belongs there. At least for me and I know a lot of other people feel the same. I think its funny how often and how popular these types of CZ threads pop up on the intarwebz yet I don't feel like CZ's are accepted as a big name or "mainstream" pistol. More like a hidden jem in the US pistol world.

8480125612_987eb627bc_z.jpg

PS: Copenhagen Wintergreen if you were wondering.

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Sig, CZ, S&W, Glock carry what ever fits your fancy my friend. :patriot::ingo:

I agree exactly. What works or fills a role for me may not for someone else. Typically, when I get someone asking about what full size 9mm to buy I point them to several offerings both striker and hammer fired while explaining some of the pros and cons of each. There are really a lot of quality choices here. For first timers I let them try an XD 9, G17, 2022, CZ P07, M&P 9. Then they and the gun just choose each other almost.

Top Bottom