• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Cops are used to compliance and go berserk if you don't give it to them. The protections granted to us by the Constitution and States are very much irrelevant when detained on the side of the road in the middle of the night. Sadly, most law-abiding citizens are ignorant of their hard earned freedoms and docilely comply with officer jack boot's commands. The fact that another unit showed up and assisted only adds to the urge to conform to end the situation. There are any number of reasons that the police may and will arrest you for nothing more than questioning their actions. The authority they hold means they are never wrong on the street, only in the courtroom. Your only recourse is compliance and litigation at your cost. Guilt on their part is a training issue, punishment is on the tax payers. Officer Boot get the hand smack and is back to violating rights all over town the next day if not sooner! People are made financially well off all across the country all the time! :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You assumed the "(as in, ALL police)" I didnt say all the police, I said "The Police" you made an assumption.

Gunner

So if I say civilians are stupid, and someone calls me on it, I can back track and say I didn't say all... duh :laugh:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know there are very good officers out there and most are professional when dealing with the public, but you have to admit there are some power trippers as well?

Without a doubt. No one should have any illusions that there are those guys out there, and are more common than anyone (besides themselves) would like.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You assumed the "(as in, ALL police)" I didnt say all the police, I said "The Police" you made an assumption.

Your inference was the basis for my assumption. An assumption that I'm sure was shared by anyone reading your posts. Words mean things, and when you say "The police" you infer that you're speaking of them as a whole.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Barring some exigent circumstances, I don't see why a male officer would be doing this. I understand that small departments may not have female officers on duty (or at all) and there must be work arounds for searches. However, that's for something like search incident to arrest prior to booking to make sure nothing gets into the jail, no weapons prior to transport, etc.

No, this is inappropriate and part of the 'war on drugs' culture. I wouldn't engage in this conduct, I'd have words with a beat partner who did, and just don't see any justification for this. Of course, I also didn't care much about the war on drugs, and she's unlikely to have enough of any narcotic in her bra to be worth doing paperwork for me.

Now I do see the value in the midriff check during an arrest and used it when no female officer was available. I was always very specific to only lift the shirt a few inches and turn around. The waistband is the standard weapon carry location. Then handcuff and that's enough for me until a female officer can process. The bra shake? No, never asked a woman to do that.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    "It was done in this instance because it's a possibility that it's a widespread issue in a very large agency and appears to be a major training deficiency," Hill said.
    "I think they needed more than a phone call, which would have indicated that it was limited to a single instance."

If I train you how to put widgets together, and I train you to do it the wrong way, is it fair to fire you for putting them together the way you were instructed and resonably believed was the correct way?

Except for one thing, he wasn't trained to do this.
    During the investigation, Fetz told the investigator that the bra-shaking search "is a known technique that is used by some LPD officers but cannot recall ever formally being trained to do this," according to the report.

So if the trainer at the widget factory didn't train the guy not forcefully shove said widget up an unwilling customers behind it's the fault of the trainer?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    My supervisor, trainer, and fellow co workers explained that this is our job. All the workers before me also did this. Im sure somebody created a .ppt as to why this was ok.

All of these people told you it was your job to take the company's widgets, and force them up your customer's *****, at the barrel of a gun, and you justify carrying out this action by "just following orders"?

A long train of abuses will upset the widget customers. They'll likely inevitably decide they don't need, or even want widgets anymore...and find a new store to shop at. Your top priority, for your own well being and job security, is to keep the customers reasonably happy and make sure they don't slip on the floors, get mugged on their way out, or run out of toilet paper in the bathroom. If your bosses and coworkers are telling you to do the opposite, use common sense and correct them.

The bra shake? No, never asked a woman to do that.

But what if some other guys told you it was alright to do?

So if the trainer at the widget factory didn't train the guy not forcefully shove said widget up an unwilling customers behind it's the fault of the trainer?

Honestly, at what point do we begin to lay some fault at the feet of the customer who doesn't put a stop to it? The employee just looks at the customer with hollow, spiritless, eyes and says, "bend over, it's my job." The customer has the choice to say no.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    But what if some other guys told you it was alright to do?

Sometimes there are legitimate mistakes made, case law changes, etc. There are other instances were just because something is legal doesn't mean its something I choose to engage in. I can write you a ticket for 46 mph in a 45 mph zone, after all, and its legal. That doesn't mean its right. I can arrest you for a pin head's worth of marijuana and its legal, that doesn't mean I HAVE to do so. Discretion is an important part of being an LEO, part of the checks and balances of the executive branch.

I can't think of a plausible scenario, where even if SCOTUS justices were standing right next to me saying this was totally cool, where I'd think it was the right thing to do.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    is this how it works at your job?

It did. I worked at a gadget store and my bosses and coworkers had cameras in the bathrooms. They watched the footage at lunch. They told me they had been doing it for generations and even used to have peep holes.

At first I just ate lunch by myself and told customers not to use the bathrooms, but when they asked me to replace the cameras with better equipment I told them no and they fired me. So after that I called the cops, but last I heard, when they went in to investigate my claims they just watched the videos with my bosses and ordered all the customers to strip off their shirts and shake their bras. I guess they said it was SOP.

I think they just filled my position with some former police officer from Florida...Dustin something.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What if she hadn't been wearing a bra?
    Honestly, at what point do we begin to lay some fault at the feet of the customer who doesn't put a stop to it? The employee just looks at the customer with hollow, spiritless, eyes and says, "bend over, it's my job." The customer has the choice to say no.

The customer has the choice to say no. The citizen being detained by the LEO does not.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    At work, but I kind of sped through the video and the bra shake wasn't all that big a deal was it?

(Unless I missed something more)

Top Bottom