• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sp guns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2016
    Greece
    Pretty country you have there, Spyro. You should make sure you check out the political forum. It will be interesting to get a Greek perspective.

Hi..!! Thank you very much..it is beautiful to my village..thanks for the invitation to the political forum but i am a little shy and i prefer to talk about experiments and comedy...hahaha..

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Hi..!! Thank you very much..it is beautiful to my village..thanks for the invitation to the political forum but i am a little shy and i prefer to talk about experiments and comedy...hahaha..

No problem. The political forum can get rather exciting, but it is always interesting. If you change your mind, I look forward to hearing your prospective on things. Considering the Greek monetary situation, and the Greek experience with immigrants/refugees, I figure you have a perspective that nobody else on the forum has.

Sp guns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2016
    Greece
    No problem. The political forum can get rather exciting, but it is always interesting. If you change your mind, I look forward to hearing your prospective on things. Considering the Greek monetary situation, and the Greek experience with immigrants/refugees, I figure you have a perspective that nobody else on the forum has.

thank you and nice to meet you..!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Spyros,

I have some questions for you regarding gun laws in Greece. We Americans don't travel too much and we usually only know what the media tells us, so it would be very helpful if you would shed some light on how things work in your country.

#1) What do you have to do to own a firearm? What regulations are there, if any, for buying the stuff you are shooting?

#2) Are there any laws on ammunition? What limits, if any, exist?

#3) Is it legal to use a firearm if someone breaks into your home? Or, when are you legally allowed to shoot someone?

#4) Where are you allowed to shoot? Does it have to be on your families property, a range, or are there limits?

#5) Are there limits as to magazine capacity and/or caliber limitations?

#6) What about hunting? Are you allowed to hunt for food, and if so are there limits?

#7) Are these laws uniform over all of Greece or do local provinces have different laws?

#8) Do most of the Greek people support owning firearms, or is is regional?

#9) Can you carry a pistol for self defense, and if so what are the rules?

#10) IF you know, what can you tell us about owning and shooting laws from nearby countries such as Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria, and Turkey?

I think a lot of us will be interested to learn not just what the laws might say but how they actually work over there. I am kind of surprised no one has asked these already?

Thanks for your posting!!!

Regards,

Doug

Sp guns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2016
    Greece
    Spyros,

I have some questions for you regarding gun laws in Greece. We Americans don't travel too much and we usually only know what the media tells us, so it would be very helpful if you would shed some light on how things work in your country.

#1) What do you have to do to own a firearm? What regulations are there, if any, for buying the stuff you are shooting?

#2) Are there any laws on ammunition? What limits, if any, exist?

#3) Is it legal to use a firearm if someone breaks into your home? Or, when are you legally allowed to shoot someone?

#4) Where are you allowed to shoot? Does it have to be on your families property, a range, or are there limits?

#5) Are there limits as to magazine capacity and/or caliber limitations?

#6) What about hunting? Are you allowed to hunt for food, and if so are there limits?

#7) Are these laws uniform over all of Greece or do local provinces have different laws?

#8) Do most of the Greek people support owning firearms, or is is regional?

#9) Can you carry a pistol for self defense, and if so what are the rules?

#10) IF you know, what can you tell us about owning and shooting laws from nearby countries such as Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria, and Turkey?

I think a lot of us will be interested to learn not just what the laws might say but how they actually work over there. I am kind of surprised no one has asked these already?

Thanks for your posting!!!

Regards,

Doug

Hi.!!
    1) before we can get a shotgun,first we must go to a pcyhiatric doctor to give us a paper that we are not dangerous for other people,then go to the police give that paper and a paper of what exactly shotgun we want to buy and then we can buy the shorgun...

2) we dont have any laws about ammunition..only at hunting we must have only 3 shots in the shotgun...

3)no we can not shoot anyone legaly even he is in our house...

4) when it is huntinh period you can shoot at the woods,if not the law says that you must go to a range...

5) only at hunting ,only 3 shots to shotgun...no calliber limitation because we can own only shotguns...

6) we can hunt but only from october and until january...and we have some specific days in the week to hunt specific animals...

7) these laws are for all the Greece...

8) we want to have firearms for hunting and scopes ..we are the only country in Europe that we cant have that...

9) we can not have pistols...you can have specific permit from police to own pistol..must Prove that your life is in dangerous...is very very very very very difficult to have a pistol..or you can have a pistol only to go to the range...but first you must tell to the police exactly the day and the hour you are going...

10) i really dont know the laws from nearby countries...

i hope to be helpfull..!!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Thanks for the info Sp guns. Very interesting and different legal environment than we have.

Those laws sound almost like California. :)

Top Bottom