• ...and so much more!
  • addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    M&P9 ;)

Dont think you can go wrong with any of them honestly. The VP9 is sweet from everything I have read and watched. My only issue with the VP is the mag release and those silly ears on the slide.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    I'm on the flip-side; the ears are a nice surface to get a better grip on the slide and the mag-paddles involve a lot less contortion of long fingers to use. Takes all kinds, eh? :)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    M&P9 ;)

Dont think you can go wrong with any of them honestly. The VP9 is sweet from everything I have read and watched. My only issue with the VP is the mag release and those silly ears on the slide.
    Stuck with the mag release, but you can remove the ears on the slide. Drift out the rear sight and they come out. Then put the sight back

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Why not the Walther PPQ it has the same ergos but a slightly better trigger IMHO.

Support.

the VP9 will hold more value if you decide you don't like it, I'd try that one first for, oh, 500 rounds or so. I doubt you'll find it lacking, but if you do - I bet someone would pony up a 17 with lots of mags and do-dads for it.

Bigphil5000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Columbus
    First off let me say I have ZERO knowledge of the VP9. With that said My wife and I both Carry the Glock 17. I own many Glocks so I may be partial but they are very reliable firearms. With both of the 17's I own I have never had any issues. They have fed anything that I have put through them. I have great peice of mind knowing that my life and that of my wifes is in the hands of a tried and trusted tool.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    First off let me say I have ZERO knowledge of the VP9. With that said My wife and I both Carry the Glock 17. I own many Glocks so I may be partial but they are very reliable firearms. With both of the 17's I own I have never had any issues. They have fed anything that I have put through them. I have great peice of mind knowing that my life and that of my wifes is in the hands of a tried and trusted tool.

This is true of most modern quality hand guns these days. Most of the good manufacturers don't make turds these days.

Glock, XD/m/s, M&P, PPQ, SP2022, P-07/9, SRxx, P30, FNp/x, P30, etc, etc, etc... Go shoot some, and pick your favorite. They'll all serve you well.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Support.

the VP9 will hold more value if you decide you don't like it, I'd try that one first for, oh, 500 rounds or so. I doubt you'll find it lacking, but if you do - I bet someone would pony up a 17 with lots of mags and do-dads for it.

I hate that it's true, but this is a valid concern. I love my PPQ, but I still have dick all for good aftermarket sight choices. DP is pretty much it, not that they are bad I would just like more choice.

HK has a big enough fan base of diehards that at least the major players will make some sights for pretty much any pistol they release these days.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Try using one. After experiencing how easy it is to operate the slide of the VP9 you'll wonder why other guns don't come with those ears.

Even the old Ruger P-series with ambidextrous decockers/safeties have "ears" of sorts. The "ears" add width. Width is a key factor in concealability.

One can use them to make it easier to rack the slide. It also introduces the temptation to develop/practice a technique that depends on the ears. Then, if/when one has to switch/use a gun that doesn't have them - there you are - with an ear-dependent technique that's less reliable with other handguns.

Just something to think about.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Even the old Ruger P-series with ambidextrous decockers/safeties have "ears" of sorts. The "ears" add width. Width is a key factor in concealability.

One can use them to make it easier to rack the slide. It also introduces the temptation to develop/practice a technique that depends on the ears. Then, if/when one has to switch/use a gun that doesn't have them - there you are - with an ear-dependent technique that's less reliable with other handguns.

Fortunately we all know better and train accordingly ;)

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton

Then simply remove them. They really are a non issue.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Which one feels better in your hand? If you can justify the price difference and the HK feels better in your hand go for it, otherwise join us on the dark side.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

This I have a g19 which is a very nice gun and wouldn't trade it for a VP9 but I'll eventually add the VP9 to the collection.

zonfather

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indy
    I'm not a Glock fanboy but I have known HK to make terrific products. Now a Glock 17 Salient Arms International Tier 1...different story. Would love to check one out up close. :cool:

Top Bottom