• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Ive been to 3 walmarts in southern Indiana and none of them carry the ammo can. The one on Grantline Rd in New Albany does not have much more than 12 ga and 22 LR.

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    closest walmart that carries the 223 ammo can is in Radcliff, Ky, but call before you go, it's hit or miss if they have any on hand. For pistol ammo don't forget Tractor and Farm supply, they carry most pistol calibers and have decent prices with sale from time to time.

todd river

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    I don't care for the Federal 9mm ammo, but I do go to Walmart and buy the 100 WB Winchester 9mm ammo, $22.97

For a short time Wal Mart had that for $20.97 & Academy was
    $21.97. Just this past week Wal Mart shot up to $23.97 in Mobile.
    Still they have the best buy on 22lr target ammo. Remington golden
    bullets bulk 550 $16.97.

xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Federal 9mm and 45acp

Seems like my local Walmarts are ALWAYS out of this stuff. Doesn't their inventory system take sales volumes into account? Seems like they would start shipping larger quantities and/or increased frequency to those stores that are constantly out of stock on this stuff. I'm talking about the WM51191 100 round bulk pack of Federal 9mm and the WM5233 .45acp 50 round boxes. If you also would like to see them carry more of the stuff please contact Walmart and request that they increase stock of those items. I did, and I also wrote to Federal at their website Federal Premium - Home requesting the same thing. (I also requested that they work with Walmart to start carrying the .45acp in 100 round bulk packs as well).

Please help a fellow INGO'er out by making our voices heard by Walmart and Federal.

Xanderphillips

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Last trip to Evansville (East) Wally Mart, got all 2 boxes of 9mm (Fed 100) for $22.97

Heading out of town to S. Ohio, was there ~ month ago & picked up a few of same for $19.95 , hoping I'll luck out again.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I've been to every Walmart in southern Indiana and some Louisville over the last several weeks looking for this stuff. I can't find it anywhere.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Been looking for the Federal 100 packs of .40 that they have the shelf tags showing $27.97. I haven't found it in stock at any of the Walmarts I've been in, Will likely be placing an internet order soon.

Good thing I have a conversion kit to shoot .22 ;)

tacmedic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The WalMart near my house usually sells out of the popular calibers pretty quick. I check the ammo shelf everytime I go in but it is usually missing the cheap stuff.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Been looking for the Federal 100 packs of .40 that they have the shelf tags showing $27.97. I haven't found it in stock at any of the Walmarts I've been in, Will likely be placing an internet order soon.

Good thing I have a conversion kit to shoot .22 ;)

I just talked to the sporting goods manager at our Walmart and asked him when they're going to get another shipment in of the 9mm and .40 bulk packs of Federal. He checked on the computer and saw that they don't even have any in their district warehouses. In other words he said, that means they aren't even receiving their orders from Federal.

Seems to me that the panic is in full gear folks!

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Seems like my local Walmarts are ALWAYS out of this stuff. Doesn't their inventory system take sales volumes into account? Seems like they would start shipping larger quantities and/or increased frequency to those stores that are constantly out of stock on this stuff. I'm talking about the WM51191 100 round bulk pack of Federal 9mm and the WM5233 .45acp 50 round boxes. If you also would like to see them carry more of the stuff please contact Walmart and request that they increase stock of those items. I did, and I also wrote to Federal at their website Federal Premium - Home requesting the same thing. (I also requested that they work with Walmart to start carrying the .45acp in 100 round bulk packs as well).

Please help a fellow INGO'er out by making our voices heard by Walmart and Federal.

Xanderphillips
    I don't know for sure where you live, but the Wal Mart around me always has a pretty good stock of ammo.:dunno:

xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    With my 2nd grade education the math on 9mm reloading vs. ~$.20/round at Walmart just doesn't seem to add up for any cost savings, just another messy hobby that I won't have time to do or enjoy! I've been saving brass in case the math changes, but for now I'd never even recoup the cost of the reloading hardware.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    With my 2nd grade education the math on 9mm reloading vs. ~$.20/round at Walmart just doesn't seem to add up for any cost savings, just another messy hobby that I won't have time to do or enjoy! I've been saving brass in case the math changes, but for now I'd never even recoup the cost of the reloading hardware.

If you insist on shooting only the cheapest possible ammo you can find, this logic holds true. If you ONLY shoot 9mm (and maybe 223) your argument makes some sense. However, what you would quickly find is that you can load what amounts to premium ammo for the cost of the cheapest junk on the market, by loading your own. If you did a cost benefit analysis on quality ammo, versus learning how to reload, you would find the ROI is much faster than you would think...particularly if you actually like to shoot a fair amount. If you ever get into something other than those two very common cartridges, the savings go up very quickly!

If you're a messy person that won't take the time to do something right, you definitely should not get into reloading. My reloading bench is almost always cleaner than the rest of my garage and I rather enjoy the "down time" I get when I'm reloading. YMMV :twocents: ;)

Top Bottom