• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    There were, and still are guys doing this at every Walmart... I know of a guy that sends his wife there on the days that the truck comes so he can have 1st dibs on the .22 ammo. I find this highly rediculous, and even told him so- since his only .22 is one of those stupid Beretta Neos and he only has 1 magazine for it. LoL! What in the world are they thinking?!

He's more than likely flipping that ammo rather than shooting or stockpiling it.
    But yes, what he is doing is highly unscrupulous, regardless of what he does with the ammo, even though not illegal.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    I ran into an old man at Walmart looking for 22lr a year or so ago. He was bragging about how hin and his son were making a killing buying all the 22lr they could find and doubling/tripling their money....then starts laughing and saying, "neither of us even own anything that shoots 22lr."

He got a piece of my mind but still kept laughing.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I ran into an old man at Walmart looking for 22lr a year or so ago. He was bragging about how hin and his son were making a killing buying all the 22lr they could find and doubling/tripling their money....then starts laughing and saying, "neither of us even own anything that shoots 22lr."

No surprise at all there.
    It would have required some willpower not to punch the slob right in the kisser.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A

This does not surprise me. It's too bad that this is still going on. This is a statement that may describe the elusive .22lr. "It's all been neck bearded"

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

why do you hate freedom, bruh?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some people are afraid to place on-line orders, I'm not one of them. I gave up on big box stores a couple of years ago.
    I order most of my ammo from Aim surplus and Natchez and other pro gun on-line retailers. Yes you pay shipping, but often times shipping is much cheaper than sales tax.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I also get some good deals from Ingo people.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No surprise at all there.
    It would have required some willpower not to punch the slob right in the kisser.

I have done a chest bump or 2 with these flipper A$$HATS

Just so you know.....I hate me some Carpet Baggers.

And no, I do not hate Freedom or the capitalist system just be very careful about running your pie hole about it.

dman424

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    I don't care if people buy ammo to shoot, but when I see it on Armslist the next day at twice the price that peeves me a little.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I don't care if people buy ammo to shoot, but when I see it on Armslist the next day at twice the price that peeves me a little.

Same here. I usually have a good stockpile and occasionally I will get people that call me saying they've run out and can't get any. So I tell them if they need some come on over. They're always shocked when I don't ask for a penny more than I paid for it. I don't buy anything firearm related to make money.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I have done a chest bump or 2 with these flipper A$$HATS

Just so you know.....I hate me some Carpet Baggers.

And no, I do not hate Freedom or the capitalist system just be very careful about running your pie hole about it.

Thanks and well said.! I like to shoot as well as anyone one else .. but I dont have the time to cruise around to find a box of .22 or act like a free enterprise vulture and take advantage of this or any other situation. I hope to find some reasonable .22 , bought some over a year ago from a fellow INGO member and thats about it. Headed to Indy on Fri/Sat. stopping by the Cabela's to see if they have some. NOT to flip but just put holes in stuff.

Sheenerbean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Yea, I gave up on buying ammo in the box stores a few years back, when the whole "ban scare" was in full swing. I went to Bass Pro one morning to see if the ammo truck would drop off an 762x39 and I had the pleasure of watching grown men push and shove each other over .22 and .380

Now I just buy online, unless ESR here in Jeff has what I'm looking for, then I buy from them.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    A small sample size, surprisingly my wolf gold .223 has same POA/POI as my federal 5.56 at 25, 50, and 100yds. I haven't been able to go out further as this was tested at the DNR range. It's brass, and it's plenty cheap.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    A small sample size, surprisingly my wolf gold .223 has same POA/POI as my federal 5.56 at 25, 50, and 100yds. I haven't been able to go out further as this was tested at the DNR range. It's brass, and it's plenty cheap.

Current Wolf Gold 223 is made in Taiwan. Even though it is not advertised as such, it is made to M193 specs (velocity, accuracy, SD, primer crimp, etc.). Unlike the Federal XM193 stuff which is usually contract overruns or factory seconds, the Taiwan Wolf Gold is 100% Grade A. Depending on which lot of Federal XM193 you are comparing it with, the accuracy of the Wolf Gold will either match or beat it. While there is nothing inherently wrong with contract overrun XM193, at times it can be darned hard to tell by the packaging whether you are getting overrun or reject USGI (factory seconds) ammo. The same goes for WWB - a few years ago I purchased a thankfully small quantity of generic white box M855 (Olin production, but no Winchester name anywhere) that was outright DANGEROUS. I kept one full box of the worst looking stuff for reference since there was no recall on that lot. The rest of what I had was properly disposed of.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I bought three boxes per the limit at Wal-Mart this week. They only had the three boxes out. The guy working there didn't open the cabinet to get them, but pulled some out from behind the counter. He told me they only put three boxes out at a time so some family of 12 doesn't come in and clean them out. So there are some Wal-Mart employees trying to combat the flippers.

Top Bottom