WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    psyko

Can you change an image purple?

If you really wanted to shoot you'd have paid for the rounds at the gun store...Walmart sells rounds for what...43 cents a round? (43 bucks/100 last time I went to walmart looking for ammo...have happily not set foot in walmart for about 6 months now)

The price at the Walmart I go to is right around 42 cents a round, unless you're lucky enough to find the Federal aluminum cased ammo, which is 32 cents a round. ITP wanted $25.99 for a box of 50 rounds, before tax. So with tax, more like 56 cents a round. I have a hard time paying that for ammo unless I'm renting a gun.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    If you want good customer service you have to be willing to pay for it. Walmart does not have good customer service but they have cheap prices and you get what you pay for. This is one of the problems with Americans-we want everything cheap cheap cheap and want good customer service but we don't want to pay extra for it. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Nothing in life is free including good customer service

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you want good customer service you have to be willing to pay for it. Walmart does not have good customer service but they have cheap prices and you get what you pay for. This is one of the problems with Americans-we want everything cheap cheap cheap and want good customer service but we don't want to pay extra for it. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Nothing in life is free including good customer service

Service/price go hand in hand.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't really have any expectations other than for a retail entity to want to make money. If they have some idiotic policy where a paying customer cannot buy their product, that's just stupid. This isn't as much a customer service issue as it is their store policy and it's a bad one. It would be the same if they had only one key for the electronics case, or their cell phone case, etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't really have any expectations other than for a retail entity to want to make money. If they have some idiotic policy where a paying customer cannot buy their product, that's just stupid. This isn't as much a customer service issue as it is their store policy and it's a bad one. It would be the same if they had only one key for the electronics case, or their cell phone case, etc.

Agreed.

They do this to show some control of that product.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    This isn't as much a customer service issue as it is their store policy and it's a bad one.

LOL not a customer service issue? I've heard this same complaint over and over on INGO yet Walmart still has the same policy-they don't care what you think as a customer if they don't change their policies to cater to their customers. Thats bad customer service-if you don't understand that then you can't see the forest for the trees bud. How much money would you have saved? Five bucks? I have very limited time in my life so I would rather drop five bucks extra than I planned to do something I enjoy rather than completely waste my lunch hour after I made the trip. Life is short. Bottom line-every time you shop at walmart you are gambling on customer service to save a buck.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    LOL not a customer service issue? I've heard this same complaint over and over on INGO yet Walmart still has the same policy-they don't care what you think as a customer if they don't change their policies to cater to their customers. Thats bad customer service-if you don't understand that then you can't see the forest for the trees bud. How much money would you have saved? Five bucks? I have very limited time in my life so I would rather drop five bucks extra than I planned to do something I enjoy rather than completely waste my lunch hour after I made the trip. Life is short. Bottom line-every time you shop at walmart you are gambling on customer service to save a buck.

Well, a couple of things. First of all I wanted 100 rounds and that would have amounted to spending the extra $14. I could have done that, but as I said in the first post, I ran out of time. With only 15 minutes left before I had to head back home to resume work, I wasn't about to buy over priced rounds and not be able to shoot long. Secondly, this was posted as a bit of a PSA. The Beech Grove Walmart seems to have even worse customer service than normally applies to Walmart. Thought I could save some fellow INGOers some frustration. When I typically pick up ammo from Walmart, I use the one on US31 and never have this much of a problem. I can usually get my ammo in 5 - 10 minutes, which doesn't really bother me. When I went this morning, the guy with the key was actually in the gun/sporting goods aisle. I almost feinted! :):

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    i buy from the walmart on pendelton pike in lawerence and theres usually this old guy there or someone from the auto center. longest ive waiting was maybe 10min for someone to show up when they were really busy. always nice to me though and hooked me up a couple times on extra ammo when everything was 3 box limit. guess i found the golden ticket of walmarts haha. i actaully got 3 boxs of winchester 222 box there the other day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i buy from the walmart on pendelton pike in lawerence and theres usually this old guy there or someone from the auto center. longest ive waiting was maybe 10min for someone to show up when they were really busy. always nice to me though and hooked me up a couple times on extra ammo when everything was 3 box limit. guess i found the golden ticket of walmarts haha. i actaully got 3 boxs of winchester 222 box there the other day.

Its all in who you deal with and the total attitudes involved.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    If I need help in sporting goods North of the Fort, I usually have to find a manager. I think they actually have two sets of keys though.

Funny thing, they added two more lockable cabinets (for a total of three) but they really haven't put much more in them. Planning for the future I guess.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Another Wal-Mart Rant? Really?

Hmmm... A Walmart rant.... How cliché...

I don't think we have nearly enough of these types of comments :rolleyes:

Just trying to vent and also to let fellow INGOers know to avoid that particular Walmart. If that irritates you, you can always just close the window and move on to a thread more to your liking. Enjoy your day and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think we have nearly enough of these types of comments :rolleyes:

Just trying to vent and also to let fellow INGOers know to avoid that particular Walmart. If that irritates you, you can always just close the window and move on to a thread more to your liking. Enjoy your day and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Must be bored huh.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

I guess the idea that if you take a job and get paid for it than you do the best you can is lost in America now days? So I take a job and get paid what was promised than if I don't like it than it's OK to be a bad employee?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Mayhap I expect to little, but my overall experience with WalMart & their customer service has mostly been more than satisfactory, I say it this was as of course there have been the occasional times that it was lacking, but then that is to be expected at any retail establishment.

But then it may not be me expecting to little, but others expecting to much.

Top Bottom