• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    Avon walmart never has anyone working in sporting goods and when you are looking around to get the attention of another employee. They avoid eye contact and rush past.
    I have started going behind the counter and opening cabinets and drawers. That gets someone in a hurry.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Mayhap I expect to little, but my overall experience with WalMart & their customer service has mostly been more than satisfactory, I say it this was as of course there have been the occasional times that it was lacking, but then that is to be expected at any retail establishment.

But then it may not be me expecting to little, but others expecting to much.

I am in several different Walmarts each month, and it's been my experience that each store has it's own "culture" or attitude. For example, the store in Paoli seems to be staffed with really nice down to earth country folk. The Bedford location seems to be manned by a team of douche nozzles.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am in several different Walmarts each month, and it's been my experience that each store has it's own "culture" or attitude. For example, the store in Paoli seems to be staffed with really nice down to earth country folk. The Bedford location seems to be manned by a team of douche nozzles.

I have been in the Bedford store on several occasions working on the HVAC-R systems and you are far to kind in your observations.
    The Management team in that store is one of the worst. That bleeds down to and through the staff.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Avon walmart never has anyone working in sporting goods and when you are looking around to get the attention of another employee. They avoid eye contact and rush past.
    I have started going behind the counter and opening cabinets and drawers. That gets someone in a hurry.

I can't bash Avon too badly... I stopped in there a few weeks back looking at raingear. I just glanced at the ammo case and happened to see a spam can marked Tula .223. There was no price marked on it or on the shelf. There was an employee from another area working sporting goods while everyone else was on break. He opened the case and looked all over to price the spam can for me. He found a shelf tag marked $45.67 and told me that was the price. Sold. Ring it up. Got any more? I walked out with a 500 round can of .223 for just under $50.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I actually called the Walmart in Plainfield a couple of years ago to ask if they had a particular ammo in stock, about this same time of year as they had some ammo in their ad at the time. The person told me yes they had it and I indicated I would be in there very shortly to buy some. When I get to the store, there was a sign on the glass case, right where the person had to look through to check stock that said they had lost the key and could not sell ammo until further notice, and the same person I had spoken to on the phone informed me that she could not sell me any as the case was locked and there was no key.

I requested a manager over to speak to, in order to inform them of the course of events, and how they might want to think about the person they had working in the area as they might want to make her wear a helmet or something to protect herself.... the amazing part is that the manager actually had someone go in the back and check stock there and came out with some of the same ammo that I was told could not be purchased. Makes sense that they might have some elsewhere as they also could not load any ammo in the case, since it was locked, but the person who could not read the sign when I called in, but could magically read it when I got there didn't think to work that out herself.

I've come across a few helpful Walmart employees, but for the most part anymore I just try and stay away from the place.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't bash Avon too badly... I stopped in there a few weeks back looking at raingear. I just glanced at the ammo case and happened to see a spam can marked Tula .223. There was no price marked on it or on the shelf. There was an employee from another area working sporting goods while everyone else was on break. He opened the case and looked all over to price the spam can for me. He found a shelf tag marked $45.67 and told me that was the price. Sold. Ring it up. Got any more? I walked out with a 500 round can of .223 for just under $50.

Thats all that crap is worth anyway....................:laugh6:

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Thats all that crap is worth anyway....................:laugh6:

Tula isn't my first choice, but it's good for blasting ammo. Especially for when I don't feel like breaking out the brass catcher or chasing brass in the grass. They normally sell the spam cans for $119, so getting one for $50 made my day.

Top Bottom