• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I asked my Dr. about this when she moved her practice to a different medical group. She said she wasn't sure if it was on the questionnaire or not, but as far as she was concerned, I was free to make up any answer I wanted. Upon my first visit to her new office, the question was on the form, and I left it blank.
    last time I was there, I asked her how she liked the new place, and she whispered to me that she hates it, and is hoping to move soon.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    doc did the list of questions, asked about guns in the house and before I could open my mouth he said "no guns in home" and documented that way. then when the visit was over we discussed guns. He's old school and doesn't agree with a lot of the mandates he is required to do now.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    In my opinion the court was correct in this case.

There shouldn't be any law dictating what a medical doctor can or cannot discuss with his/her patient.

That said, there should also be no repercussions from answering in any way, including refusing to answer.

The issue I would have would be concerning the medical records being electronic and vulnerable to external attack. Should a hacker gain access to private medical information regarding who owns firearms then the medical records keeper should be held liable for any damages done. Were a law passed to state this then I would guess the question would be dropped, and that right quick.

Regards,

Doug

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    In my opinion the court was correct in this case.

There shouldn't be any law dictating what a medical doctor can or cannot discuss with his/her patient.

That said, there should also be no repercussions from answering in any way, including refusing to answer.

The issue I would have would be concerning the medical records being electronic and vulnerable to external attack. Should a hacker gain access to private medical information regarding who owns firearms then the medical records keeper should be held liable for any damages done. Were a law passed to state this then I would guess the question would be dropped, and that right quick.

Regards,

Doug

Knowing the whole point of the discussion is to attack Second Amendment rights, it`s neither appropriate, nor acceptable, period. And I, as my doctors patient, have the right to not be harassed because of my ringing endorsement of the Second Amendment.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Knowing the whole point of the discussion is to attack Second Amendment rights, it`s neither appropriate, nor acceptable, period. And I, as my doctors [STRIKE]patient[/STRIKE] employer, have the right to not be harassed because of my ringing endorsement of the Second Amendment.

FTFY

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Knowing the whole point of the discussion is to attack Second Amendment rights, it`s neither appropriate, nor acceptable, period. And I, as my doctors patient, have the right to not be harassed because of my ringing endorsement of the Second Amendment.

"...right to not be harrassed..."

Oh my, what a liberal, progressive viewpoint.

Educate me on the origin of this right, either divine or natural, and where exactly it is guaranteed protection under our Constitution please.

I do believe I have overlooked this "right" somewhere.

Regards,

Doug

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

"...right to not be harrassed..."

Oh my, what a liberal, progressive viewpoint.

Educate me on the origin of this right, either divine or natural, and where exactly it is guaranteed protection under our Constitution please.

I do believe I have overlooked this "right" somewhere.

Regards,

Doug

Did you not see the flag burning thread? You have the right to not be offended. Unless someone else is offended by something that doesn't offend you. Then there's no right to not be offended and that person is a snowflake.

Now, we want the government to get involved in what you and your doctor can discuss. Because we want smaller government. And if you tell your doctor you have guns, someone might find out you have guns. Because they have no idea right now and no way to find out.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Did you not see the flag burning thread? You have the right to not be offended. Unless someone else is offended by something that doesn't offend you. Then there's no right to not be offended and that person is a snowflake.

Now, we want the government to get involved in what you and your doctor can discuss. Because we want smaller government. And if you tell your doctor you have guns, someone might find out you have guns. Because they have no idea right now and no way to find out.

Mea culpa!:ugh: My bad.

Please forgive me and I sincerely apologize for any offense I may have given.

I shall humbly and respectfully retract my defense of our 1st Amendment in deference to offending anyone.

Regards,

Doug

PS - NOT!:patriot:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay. Why not? Yeah. Let's DO call that harassment. Because in this fresh new world of 'everything is hyperbole', bing asked questions you don't like is exactly harassment.

Okay, seriously, I think this question isn't mandatory, because not all doctor's ask it. Mine has never asked about it, and that question wasn't on the questionnaire new patients have to fill out when I started with him. I think I remember something about HHS recommending this question, but not mandating it. So, I think seams reasonable enough to believe that for some doctors, it is a policy to ask that question.

So, if you're asked that question, what do you do? Pull a firearm and demand he stop harassing you? Probably he's going to write even more stuff in your file you don't like if you do that.

Here's some sage advice. If you think the questions he/she is asking are inappropriate, then answer those questions by asking your own inappropriate questions. For example, if it's a male doctor, ask him if his wife is hot, and if so, is she satisfied...you know...sexually. Before he answers, offer to help him out with that on a quid-pro-quo basis. If it's a female doctor, gesture towards your genitals as you ask her if your insurance covers sensual massages.

disclaimer: ignore this advice. The doctor at the very least will write in your file that you're an *******.

Top Bottom