• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I did go to the gun shop and held the 19X and I could see having that as a bedside gun. I just can't get past the color as weird as that sounds. Wonder if it will ever come out in black?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I did go to the gun shop and held the 19X and I could see having that as a bedside gun. I just can't get past the color as weird as that sounds. Wonder if it will ever come out in black?
    After running our rental pistol a couple of times I bit my tongue in spite of the color and really like the 19X after hi gripping it, swapping the sights for something I could see and a little trigger work. I still don't like the tan but I've accepted it because the pistol points well for me. I had a Gen 5 19 but like most of the comments here I prefer the Gen 3 or 4.
    I still don't get the accuracy claims. I don't have any problem hitting 3/4" target pasters at 7 yards with a Gen 3 or 4 pistol but maybe if you regularly shoot at 50 or 100 yards there would be a difference. There's obviously a number of INGOers that are betters shots that I am if they can see the difference.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I still don't get the accuracy claims. I don't have any problem hitting 3/4" target pasters at 7 yards with a Gen 3 or 4 pistol but maybe if you regularly shoot at 50 or 100 yards there would be a difference. There's obviously a number of INGOers that are betters shots that I am if they can see the difference.

I am with you. My gen 4 19 is just as accurate as any other pistol I own. Admittedly I’m not a pro shooter, but for what I do I don’t think I would notice a difference.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    After running our rental pistol a couple of times I bit my tongue in spite of the color and really like the 19X after hi gripping it, swapping the sights for something I could see and a little trigger work. I still don't like the tan but I've accepted it because the pistol points well for me. I had a Gen 5 19 but like most of the comments here I prefer the Gen 3 or 4.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]
    I dont know what it is but I can shoot my other gen glocks side by side to my gen5 and see a difference. I'm not am awesome shooter. I'd say average but I can tell that the gen5 19 shoots better for me. The 19x is awesome too but my gen5 19 is the one for me. I deffinately am not shooting at 50 or 100 yards with it. I guess next time I go to my outdoor range I can try though

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The only thing I don't like more about the Gen5 pistols over all previous generations is with the disassembly/reassembly. You've got to hold your mouth right to get the trigger pin out and putting the trigger spring back into the housing can be a bit of a pain with my vision and fat fingers but when it comes to shooting them I believe the Gen5 pistols to be the best they've made to date.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to pick a Gen 5 G26 up here in the next month. I should have done that before the shoulder work was done, but dropped the ball on that one.

Top Bottom