• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I did go to the gun shop and held the 19X and I could see having that as a bedside gun. I just can't get past the color as weird as that sounds. Wonder if it will ever come out in black?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I did go to the gun shop and held the 19X and I could see having that as a bedside gun. I just can't get past the color as weird as that sounds. Wonder if it will ever come out in black?
    After running our rental pistol a couple of times I bit my tongue in spite of the color and really like the 19X after hi gripping it, swapping the sights for something I could see and a little trigger work. I still don't like the tan but I've accepted it because the pistol points well for me. I had a Gen 5 19 but like most of the comments here I prefer the Gen 3 or 4.
    I still don't get the accuracy claims. I don't have any problem hitting 3/4" target pasters at 7 yards with a Gen 3 or 4 pistol but maybe if you regularly shoot at 50 or 100 yards there would be a difference. There's obviously a number of INGOers that are betters shots that I am if they can see the difference.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I still don't get the accuracy claims. I don't have any problem hitting 3/4" target pasters at 7 yards with a Gen 3 or 4 pistol but maybe if you regularly shoot at 50 or 100 yards there would be a difference. There's obviously a number of INGOers that are betters shots that I am if they can see the difference.

I am with you. My gen 4 19 is just as accurate as any other pistol I own. Admittedly I’m not a pro shooter, but for what I do I don’t think I would notice a difference.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    After running our rental pistol a couple of times I bit my tongue in spite of the color and really like the 19X after hi gripping it, swapping the sights for something I could see and a little trigger work. I still don't like the tan but I've accepted it because the pistol points well for me. I had a Gen 5 19 but like most of the comments here I prefer the Gen 3 or 4.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]
    I dont know what it is but I can shoot my other gen glocks side by side to my gen5 and see a difference. I'm not am awesome shooter. I'd say average but I can tell that the gen5 19 shoots better for me. The 19x is awesome too but my gen5 19 is the one for me. I deffinately am not shooting at 50 or 100 yards with it. I guess next time I go to my outdoor range I can try though

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The only thing I don't like more about the Gen5 pistols over all previous generations is with the disassembly/reassembly. You've got to hold your mouth right to get the trigger pin out and putting the trigger spring back into the housing can be a bit of a pain with my vision and fat fingers but when it comes to shooting them I believe the Gen5 pistols to be the best they've made to date.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to pick a Gen 5 G26 up here in the next month. I should have done that before the shoulder work was done, but dropped the ball on that one.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom