Wanting to switch to double action/ single action guns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmb101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2015
    Greenwood
    I did a search to see if there was a forum for this already and I didn't see one, But I am thinking about switching form striker fired to double action/ single action(which I will referrer to as da/sa for now on).

I used to have a sd40ve, but my wife couldn't shot 40 S&W so we sold our 40's and got 9mms. I went form a kel-pf9 to a Smith & Wesson shield and I traded the kel-pf9 for a European American Armory polymer compact in pink for the wife to have as a opiton to carry and we both fell in love with the trigger and how nice the gun shot. The only thing I don't like is it just has a safety and I would rather have a decoker. I am not a big fan on having to remember to switch something off before shooting, Or the possibility of it getting bumped off.

I've started to look for guns with a decoker and was wondering what are some good guns brands that have decoking options? I know CZ, EAA, Beretta and Sig Sauer are their more?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Those are the big 3. There are some CZ clones that could make the list. Tanfoglio has made some nice stuff, and if you can afford, Sphinx is supposed to be awesome.

Whatever you do, don't pick up a CZ. You may not put it back down. :koolaid:

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Good choice. I myself have a Sig Pro 2022, and as much as I love it, it is a little bulky. I'm looking to potentially make the move over to this guy or the CZ-P07.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    FNH FNX series is great. They are reasonably priced, have nice triggers and are very accurate. I will gladly meet you at MCFG to shoot them if you like.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Old school but solid SA/DA performers include the Beretta 92/96 series and the S&W 5906/4006.

I'll second the 3rd Gen S&W's. Built like tanks. They can be had in decocker only too. I carried a 3913 for a few years and loved it.

Top Bottom