Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    “The bottom line is no individual should be buying bulk amounts of ammunition without a federal background check from places like gas stations, pharmacies, and convenience storesespecially without any sort of regulation and no record of the sale,” said Representative Robert Garcia.

Do you guys buy a lot of your ammo from 7-11 and CVS???

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    “The bottom line is no individual should be buying bulk amounts of ammunition without a federal background check from places like gas stations, pharmacies, and convenience stores"

Really? I did not know you could buy ammo in these places. What kind of prices do they have?

“I’m proud to work with Congressman Robert Garcia and Senator Warren to introduce comprehensive legislation closing the ammunition loophole in our gun safety laws."

When did it become a loophole?

"By limiting ammunition transactions and requiring dealers to obtain licenses and complete background checks on ammunition sales,"

I don't believe I ever have bought ammo in a place that didn't sale gun. Has anyone else?

The bill prohibits bulk sales of ammunition based on the type of ammo. It specifically limits individuals to purchasing no more than 100 rounds for .50 caliber ammo – the most deadly, potent military grade – and 1000 rounds for all other ammunition within a 5-day period.

What about reloads? Anyway I know a better ban that will save many more lives than this bill would. Ban Democrats!!!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    “The bottom line is no individual should be buying bulk amounts of ammunition without a federal background check from places like gas stations, pharmacies, and convenience storesespecially without any sort of regulation and no record of the sale,” said Representative Robert Garcia.

Do you guys buy a lot of your ammo from 7-11 and CVS???
    Hell, you can't even buy smokes at CVS anymore, let alone ammo. However I can buy drug paraphernalia at a growing number of gas stations, so we've got that going for us. :thumbsup:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think I remember buying shotgun shells at a convenience store up in Michigan in the thumb area back 20-25 years ago. They had Federal steel in 3 shot, I was pretty excited.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    When I was 10, I bought .22lr rounds in boxes of 50 at a local gas station in Lafayette.
    I can't recall for sure, but I know it was less than $.25/50ct

I also remember buying ammo at an I.G.A. grocery store in Delphi.
    Haven't seen anything like that for more than 40 years.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We have been here before and it was discarded years ago when proven that it did nothing. Recording ammo sales solved no crimes.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    One would think that Warren with her native American background would understand the need for weapons and ammo for the defense of a tribe.

It's difficult to take anything she says seriously, even though if she had her way she would do serious damage to our Constitution.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    When I was 10, I bought .22lr rounds in boxes of 50 at a local gas station in Lafayette.
    I can't recall for sure, but I know it was less than $.25/50ct

I also remember buying ammo at an I.G.A. grocery store in Delphi.
    Haven't seen anything like that for more than 40 years.

I was going to say the only gas station I have ever seen sell ammo was in the backwoods of northern Michigan but it wasn't in bulk.

Top Bottom