• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I have a filter and a lake also, but geez that'd be a pain compared to having clean water on tap.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I've been trying to find a domestic source for something like this. I found one in Canada and this looks like exactly the same thing.

Thanks for the link and info.:yesway:

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How about a bulk purchase. I own a business and have a forklift and the ability to unload a semi trailer. We might be able to get bulk pricing on both the tanks and the freight. My business is in Noblesville. I would have to work on the timing of a purchase, the business is moving end of January and things will be hectic, but after that, it should be ok.

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    When I ordered I recall they said it would take about 4 weeks before it ships; I presume they build upon order. That would cut it too close for your timing I think PeaShooter.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Bulk Herb Store - Big Berkey

This is the water filter l have, l am planing on get the water from our water tank tested and the same water after ran through the water filter. The tank l have is 550 gallons. 1.25 inches of rain and she's full.
    Hope any of this helps

Would it be too much trouble to post the results of the water test? I've been thinking about getting on of the Berkey filters and want to get more first hand information and testing before plunking down money on one. Thanks.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Just one quick question. How long can you store water before it goes bad?

Quick answer: that depends

It depends upon the container and the general storage conditions. Opaque containers retard algae growth. Though, according to Cody Lundin (author of "When all Hell Breaks Loose"), algae chunks are extra nutrients during lean times, though many people prefer chunkless water ;).

There is a video on the SureWater site that recommends rotating the "tap water" every six months. The tank he sells has air vents, so you might not be able to "treat & seal" as suggested by many of the places that sell drums (I have several, but they take up valuable floor space in my 2-car garage).

I treated my water with Water Preserver (it's just sodium hypochlorite, aka bleach, though this was a "proprietary stabilized pH balanced formula"), which is supposed to keep sealed water potable for up to 5 years without rotation...I think sealed is the critical point here, as I don't know if a vented system like the Sure Water tanks would work with such treatment.

More research required on my part, but I definitely like what I see as, with a large family, I need to store a lot of water.

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Quick answer: that depends

It depends upon the container and the general storage conditions. Opaque containers retard algae growth. Though, according to Cody Lundin (author of "When all Hell Breaks Loose"), algae chunks are extra nutrients during lean times, though many people prefer chunkless water ;).

There is a video on the SureWater site that recommends rotating the "tap water" every six months. The tank he sells has air vents, so you might not be able to "treat & seal" as suggested by many of the places that sell drums (I have several, but they take up valuable floor space in my 2-car garage).

I treated my water with Water Preserver (it's just sodium hypochlorite, aka bleach, though this was a "proprietary stabilized pH balanced formula"), which is supposed to keep sealed water potable for up to 5 years without rotation...I think sealed is the critical point here, as I don't know if a vented system like the Sure Water tanks would work with such treatment.

More research required on my part, but I definitely like what I see as, with a large family, I need to store a lot of water.

Thank You for that comprehensive answer. :yesway:

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    How about a bulk purchase. I own a business and have a forklift and the ability to unload a semi trailer. We might be able to get bulk pricing on both the tanks and the freight. My business is in Noblesville. I would have to work on the timing of a purchase, the business is moving end of January and things will be hectic, but after that, it should be ok.

PeaShooter,
    How about you figure out the savings from bulk purchase, I assume shipping can be less if we picked them up at your place?

I'm interested, let me know the deal.

Top Bottom