We all have a bit of OCD. What does yours look like?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I count the steps as I walk up and down stairs. I know how many are on every stair case in the building I work in.

When I replace switchplates, the tiny screws all have to be turned the same direction, either horizontally or vertically.

My pantry looks like something out of Sleeping With The Enemy. All items are perfectly lined up with labels facing forward. New stuff always goes to the back so the dates are rotated properly. I won't allow anyone to put the groceries away because I know they won't do the pantry right. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I have more. I'll add them as I think of them.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I count all my bullets monthly.:D

I like to were my LBE and thats all.:cool:

I like my bacon just crisp not burnt but cooked.:bacondance:

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    If I step on a crack while walking, I have to keep doing it, If I haven't then I avoid them. Also, If a floor has a pattern, I have to walk the pattern ( i.e. 2 white tiles then 1 black tile, then I either have ot step on the black or miss it all together). Also I was made fun of by my friend and coworker (Crimson) for always pressing the reset button on the blood pressure machine when we would walk by.

See your not alone.:D

matthock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    Sidewalk grooves. I time my strides so that I'm moving at some fixed fraction of the distance between the grooves, so that I step on each section the same number of times. Same thing for tile floors.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Check every handgun every morning to make sure they are locked up and away from the kids. Check locks in a paticular pattern that makes my wife make fun of me. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - Locked.

OCDlite indeed.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Check every handgun every morning to make sure they are locked up and away from the kids. Check locks in a paticular pattern that makes my wife make fun of me. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - Locked.

OCDlite indeed.

Ooh, forgot that one. I can't go to bed at night till I check my locks. Back door then front.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have to own even numbers of magazines for all my guns. If, heaven forbid, I end up with an odd number through loss or attrition, I have to buy an extra (or more likely, an odd-numbered multiple) to regain nirvana. :D

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I can't just press end button on the phone once...I have to hit it like 5 times or more to make sure it's off. Same goes for the clear button on the calculator.
    I have to follow the very same routine each morning or something will be forgotten or get messed up.
    I count stuff that doesn't need to be counted. This happens all of the time throughout the day. I catch myself doing so and laugh about it, yet I keep on doing it. :)

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I do the sidewalk cracks/floor tiles thing too. Never known anyone else that does it, but now I guess I'm not alone. I'm sure I do other stuff, just nothing coming to mind right now.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How does one go about discovering an unknown OCD?
    I don't think I have one/any. Should I worry?
    Perhaps, I obsessively desire my breaths to be sequential, and non-stop?
    I don't count them, or care about the quality of them. I just don't want to stop breathing. I think about it every breath, too. :)

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Switchplates - Check
    Cracks/ lines sidewalk - Check
    My fingernails are never perfect so I keep biting them and cleaning them with my knife.

At nite when I am at work Before I try to lay down for a nap I always have to make sure that I don't need to pee, just in case we catch a run, but I do this to excessive, drives me nuts, sometimes lay there for an hr, get up to pee prolly 3-4 times. I don't do this at home.

Looking at this site everyday.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    How does one go about discovering an unknown OCD?
    I don't think I have one/any. Should I worry?
    Perhaps, I obsessively desire my breaths to be sequential, and non-stop?
    I don't count them, or care about the quality of them. I just don't want to stop breathing. I think about it every breath, too. :)

Could be any little "quirk" you have. Everyone has them. It's just easier (and more fun) to call it OCD. :D

Here, I'll give you another example... my daughter and I both can't leave the radio volume level in my car on anything other than an incriment of 5. If someone turns it down to 23, we have to turn it up to 25 or down to 20. No reason. Just can't stand it for some reason.

Go ahead. Now you try.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Haha now that you say that jenny I do my TV vol on even numbers, or on increments of 5, just depends on where it is. Ill do 10, 12, 14, 15, 18, 20, etc.

I'm still groggy (just woke up) so i can't think of these things off the top of my head. Plus they have all become normal for me, so I can't tell what things I do might be weird to others.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have to own even numbers of magazines for all my guns. If, heaven forbid, I end up with an odd number through loss or attrition, I have to buy an extra (or more likely, an odd-numbered multiple) to regain nirvana. :D

I should mail you one magazine, with an odd number painted on it. Just to see if you jut have to go out and buy another one....

:):

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Counting ceiling tiles and adding numbers on license plates.

Spelling things with phone numbers to remember them.

I can not leave a dirty dish out or stand when someon can sit next to one and not go put it in the sink. I also throw out anything that molds. Even if it was left in good china and you say it can be washed...nope trash wont use it again.
    I may be poor but i dont have to eat out of things that have rotten food in them

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Mine aren't always done, but if I am paying attention I get these:

• Tiles- Stepping on the same colored w/ L and R foot.
    • Steps- Start on step 1 w/ L foot, end on top step w/ R foot. Skip a step if necessary
    • Concrete sidewalks- Start w/ left foot, end block w/ right foot. Also, no cracks.
    • Hand rails- with two-sided rails, tap left rail once, right rail twice, left rail once.
    That's all I can think of now :D

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I count the steps as I walk up and down stairs. I know how many are on every stair case in the building I work in.

When I replace switchplates, the tiny screws all have to be turned the same direction, either horizontally or vertically.

My pantry looks like something out of Sleeping With The Enemy. All items are perfectly lined up with labels facing forward. New stuff always goes to the back so the dates are rotated properly. I won't allow anyone to put the groceries away because I know they won't do the pantry right. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I have more. I'll add them as I think of them.

I too count steps. I also screw the screws so that they are vertical in the wall plates.

I like my hangers to be plastic and white. I got to the point that Scutter puts his clothes back in the closet when I'm done with the laundry because I hate moving hangers. When a shirt is taken off the hanger, the hanger needs to go to a central location. You will find one hanger maybe two even if that on my side of the closet because the hangers need to go to that central place when not in use.

My cans all face forward in the pantry but I don't move the new ones to the back only because they usually all get used before I need to do that.

When pumping gas, I need it to stop at an even $ amount. It could be at $.50 but it needs to stop at the $. This one I am working on but it still really bugs me when I can't get that $ in.

I wish I had a cleaning obsession though.. hehehehe I know there are other things that I have to do or has to be done in a certain way but I can't think of them. It seems worse the older I get too.

Top Bottom