We all have a bit of OCD. What does yours look like?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I should mail you one magazine, with an odd number painted on it. Just to see if you jut have to go out and buy another one....

What an interesting social experiment. I run Glocks in 9mm and .40. My shipping address is... :D

But in all seriousness, yes I'd have to buy another one. I own even numbers currently, so adding one mag to the mix (regardless of what number is painted on it) would throw my little world off its axis. ;)

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    You all need professional help.

The ONLY thing I do that can be construed as possible OCD, is the gear on my work truck MUST, and I mean MUST, be put back where they were taken from after doing a haul/tow.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I also throw out anything that molds. Even if it was left in good china and you say it can be washed...nope trash wont use it again.
    I may be poor but i dont have to eat out of things that have rotten food in them

Same here if it's plastic. I think that's because stuff can soak into plastic. If it would do that on our good plates though, I would sanitize it in the dishwasher. Fortunately this rarely happens but it has done so when left in the fridge too long. We thought we had done that once with a sour cream dish. There was actually gravy in it after we had thought about it. We thought it was sour cream though that had went bad. It was extremely disgusting until we realized it really was gravy.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I'm addicted to Sweetart candies, but I can't just pour a few out of the roll and eat them. I open the entire roll and separate them by color, then eat them starting with the yellow ones (my least favorite) and working up, by colors, to finish with the purple (MMmmm, love the grape). Been doing it that way for 45 years and still don't know why.:dunno:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm addicted to Sweetart candies, but I can't just pour a few out of the roll and eat them. I open the entire roll and separate them by color, then eat them starting with the yellow ones (my least favorite) and working up, by colors, to finish with the purple (MMmmm, love the grape). Been doing it that way for 45 years and still don't know why.:dunno:

Yellow is my least favorite M&M color. I swear it has a different taste sometimes. Not always but when I notice a different taste, it's Yellow. When I eat my M&Ms, I separate them into colors as well. I don't eat per color your way. I eat based on the number of M&Ms. I'll eat them so I'll end up with the same number of all colors or at least an even number per color and then I will eat by color after that. I'll eat the fewer number of colored ones first.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Clicky pens.

I can't write with one unless *I'M* the one that clicks it open. If I pick it up opened, I have to click it shut, then click it open, then write.
    When I'm done, I have to click it shut before putting it down. Sometimes (but not always) twice.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh, well QUIRK? That's a whole 'nother story.
    Idiosyncrasy or eccentricity?

LMAO... the dictionary mention for idiosyncrasy has this...

Fenway's Green Monster is perhaps the most recognizable ballpark idiosyncrasy

Anyway, not enough room for those things....

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Yellow is my least favorite M&M color. I swear it has a different taste sometimes. Not always but when I notice a different taste, it's Yellow. When I eat my M&Ms, I separate them into colors as well. I don't eat per color your way. I eat based on the number of M&Ms. I'll eat them so I'll end up with the same number of all colors or at least an even number per color and then I will eat by color after that. I'll eat the fewer number of colored ones first.

Oh crap. I sometimes do that with either those or skittles or similar candies. If I dump a bunch out, I'll look at let's say 9 red. Well I'll have to eat those three at a time. 8 Yellow? Probably 2 at a time. 7 of something? Ugh. I eat one along with an oddball from another color!

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

Do this. I have done this. Blindfold yourself and have someone feed you m&ms, guess their color and have them note/tally your successes/failures. (ala Peter Venkman)

I found I could NOT taste the colors. I always thought Brown tasted different. But alas I could not discern in a literal blind taste test.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    What an interesting social experiment. I run Glocks in 9mm and .40. My shipping address is... :D

Oh, I wouldn't do it on anything as boring as a Glock mag. I was thinking far more exotic like the Max11 or whatever that 9mm spitter is that you have there...

And I forgot to mention, checking the front door when I go. My wife says the door's just gonna fail some day because I too rough on it. She's probably right.

And the kids have picked up on it too. Nothing like them counting your OCDlite moment as a chant and thinking it is funny. :laugh:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Oh, I wouldn't do it on anything as boring as a Glock mag. I was thinking far more exotic like the Max11 or whatever that 9mm spitter is that you have there...

Even better! :) I actually DO have an odd number of those right now... I own an even number, but one proved defective and has been removed from service. And my $$ has gone to other projects recently so I haven't been able to order more...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I can't just press end button on the phone once...I have to hit it like 5 times or more to make sure it's off. ......

HA. Me too. Must be a printing thing.

I check door locks repeatedly. I can check to see if they are
    locked see and feel that they are, walk 10 paces and have to go back again to make sure.
    At least go back once (two or three times would be weird) ;)

I've left work before and started driving home and after a block
    the urge to go back and check the locks is unnerving at times.

I don't do it all the time but I guess when my stress level gets up I get
    a little cagey.

matthock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    Ah, sorting Skittles and M&Ms. Another fun OCD tendency :) I also tend to arrange them in symmetrical patterns on my desk, then rearrange the pattern to maintain symmetry as I eat them.

I also feel a compulsive need to vote in online polls when I see them. The one about ignoring people is annoying me because there's no 0 option so I can't vote on it.

This reminds me of a t-shirt I saw one time. "I don't suffer from insanity. I'm enjoying every minute of it!"

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If I step on a crack while walking, I have to keep doing it, If I haven't then I avoid them. Also, If a floor has a pattern, I have to walk the pattern ( i.e. 2 white tiles then 1 black tile, then I either have ot step on the black or miss it all together). Also I was made fun of by my friend and coworker (Crimson) for always pressing the reset button on the blood pressure machine when we would walk by.

See your not alone.:D

You might as well have typed this post out for me.

I do the exact same thing on both accounts.

And by "crack," that goes for grout too..Regardless of the tile color, I look at all square tiles as a checker board, and I only step on one color. (I either step right over the black title to the next red, or step diagonally if it is a big step and don't want to look retarded.)

I also groom my finger nails about 6-7 times a day...I don't know why but I can't help it.

I can't just press end button on the phone once...I have to hit it like 5 times or more to make sure it's off. ......

That's funny, because we are the complete opposite...I don't even remember the last time I pressed the end button...I just rely on the person on the other end to do it.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Have you noticed this thread was started 1hr ago and has 37 posts! It was POUNCED on by mostly guys who have post counts way above 1000. hhmmmmm.:dunno: what similiar co-diagnostic traits are we observing? I apologize for the psych profiling.:D

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I'm the clean freak. It sucks. Wife and kids, not clean freaks. I mow the lawn at 90 degree angles every time I mow to get an even cut, then cringe when someone walks on it. I've been known to ask people to take off their shoes, before riding in my truck. Last but not least, not completing a task. :nuts:

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I get the same thing at our local mexican restaurant but the taco always has to be on the left and the enchilada on the right!! If they set it down wrong I wait for them to leave and spin the plate. I told my wife and she laughs at me now.:dunno:
    And the volume on the car stereo has to be in 5s.10 15 20 25

Last edited:

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I have two. I will push the end button on my phone to end a call like six times. I am also really picky about how I place my desk chair at work at the end of the day. It sits so low its almost under the desk.

Top Bottom