• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You think that's tough, with a good alignment and cruise control, I usually count on getting a good nap between here and Indy.

I've tried that only between Bedford and Indy...but those stop lights in Martinsville tend to be somewhat problematic.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We know the LRAD is more than just loud.

We do? Its a directional loud speaker. It has a volume knob, it has pre-programmed sounds, and it has a microphone. Pretty much like my siren box in my car, only it can go way louder and the tech nerds figured out some way to make the sound move mostly in a cone other than in a sphere. What is it other than loud?

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    You think that's tough, with a good alignment and cruise control, I usually count on getting a good nap between here and Indy.

I still miss the old cars where "cruise" was called "auto pilot". Could get lots of sleep, and a beer or too, with that 1.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We do? Its a directional loud speaker. It has a volume knob, it has pre-programmed sounds, and it has a microphone. Pretty much like my siren box in my car, only it can go way louder and the tech nerds figured out some way to make the sound move mostly in a cone other than in a sphere. What is it other than loud?
    Actually you bring up a good point. LRAD is just a VERY loud speaker. What most associate with the LRAD is the sound recording that is painful. However, I've heard one used myself as a PA in crowd control/concert/loud environment and it's VERY effective at cutting through the ambient noise. It was a hundred yards away, through a loud crowd, and the person talking on it sounded like he was right in front of me...spooky.
    From the article:
    The state has already conducted tests with LRAD (embedded below), loading it onto the back of a truck and sending out verbal "slow vehicles ahead" warnings to nearby vehicles

It takes a lot to get a verbal message throught the airtight cabins of modern vehicles. So many do not hear the siren of my patrol car when I am right up on their butts, let alone a block or two away.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A riotous crowd? That's what that video was of. It won't end well for them. Acting within the law, I can handcuff you, you cannot handcuff me. I can pepper all you, you cannot me. See what I am getting at?
    My question had to do with the law.
    Handcuffs are considered restraints, and I'm pretty sure restraining police or non-police is already covered by law.
    I'm also pretty sure the law doesn't include this device.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My question had to do with the law.
    Handcuffs are considered restraints, and I'm pretty sure restraining police or non-police is already covered by law.
    I'm also pretty sure the law doesn't include this device.

Well, since we agree its just a really loud speaker, it would be viewed as such legally as well. A bullhorn isn't specifically mentioned in the law, either, but states tend to have laws such as disorderly conduct, rioting, noise ordinances, inciting a riot etc. that could apply to someone using a bullhorn. Similarly, a bullhorn could be used in a demonstration in a totally legal manner. It would all depend on the specifics of that incident.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, since we agree its just a really loud speaker, it would be viewed as such legally as well. A bullhorn isn't specifically mentioned in the law, either, but states tend to have laws such as disorderly conduct, rioting, noise ordinances, inciting a riot etc. that could apply to someone using a bullhorn. Similarly, a bullhorn could be used in a demonstration in a totally legal manner. It would all depend on the specifics of that incident.

Thanks for the answer.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    In other words, the State will find a way to charge you if you step outside your door. Or if you stay indoors. As long as you're breathing, you're offending.

Yep. The passing of more and more laws ensures that we're all criminals now. ... “ Show me the man and I'll find you the crime” Lavrentiy Beria

The device being discussed in this forum may be just loudspeakers. The "real deal" will be saved for later. The device in the link looks fun too, never mind that it probably has a "quick fry" mode. Every step this government takes is for a reason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvZCz_3Fqog

Top Bottom