• ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    And I didn’t get tased, shot, or wrestled to the ground. :lmfao:

Got pulled over by a state trooper this morning, I was running upper 60s in a 55 on a country road in perry County. Older ISP guy was very calm and respectful, as was I, and I was let go with a written warning. Nothing was asked about firearms, and I had two in the vehicle, he simply ran my DL and said have a nice day.

It’s almost like, if you act like you have some sense, the officer will respond in kind?!?!?!?!

Who knew?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And I didn’t get tased, shot, or wrestled to the ground. :lmfao:

Got pulled over by a state trooper this morning, I was running upper 60s in a 55 on a country road in perry County. Older ISP guy was very calm and respectful, as was I, and I was let go with a written warning. Nothing was asked about firearms, and I had two in the vehicle, he simply ran my DL and said have a nice day.

It’s almost like, if you act like you have some sense, the officer will respond in kind?!?!?!?!

Who knew?
    You didn't even yell, "Am I being detained!?!"?

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Personal best, 97 in a 55. Vacant stretch of highway, radar detector pegged, about the time the high beams lit up the reflective STATE POLICE decal on the back of the cruiser parked on the hard shoulder. I laid on the brakes and pulled over 30' in front of him. License, registration conversation, signed summons for speeding. Then had a chat about the car. He was surprised that it could go that fast. I proceeded to tell him about what a Plymouth Neon ACR was. He was much more pleasant than the judge but I was happy with the 10$ and court costs (~160$) fine.

If you know you are had, pull over and wait and be polite. This has worked multiple times and only once resulted in a fine (see above). Never a free ride and unwanted wrist jewelry.

MH

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Just don't let them "other guys" know you didn't video the encounter and demand all your rights be recognized or else.. they might tell you how wrong you acted.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Personal best, 97 in a 55. Vacant stretch of highway, radar detector pegged, about the time the high beams lit up the reflective STATE POLICE decal on the back of the cruiser parked on the hard shoulder. I laid on the brakes and pulled over 30' in front of him. License, registration conversation, signed summons for speeding. Then had a chat about the car. He was surprised that it could go that fast. I proceeded to tell him about what a Plymouth Neon ACR was. He was much more pleasant than the judge but I was happy with the 10$ and court costs (~160$) fine.

If you know you are had, pull over and wait and be polite. This has worked multiple times and only once resulted in a fine (see above). Never a free ride and unwanted wrist jewelry.

MH

Good one, you beat me by six mph. Late 1980's with my 1980 Sporster on the way to work. Just hit the 55 zone and hammered it, about four miles later I stopped for a 4 way stop where I would turn left. Saw the lights comming around the curve about a half mile back. Turned the corner and pulled over got license out by the time he pulled in behind me. County Sheriff walks up and hand him my license, he looks at it and says "Mister Brown you were going 91 mph." Said "I know" and got in his car where the radar still said 91mph.
    Said "I know I am getting a ticket but it would be real nice of you if you knocked off some of the milage." "This is not a speeding ticket, after 21 over it is reckless." "It would really be nice if you knocked off some of the milage." We talked a couple more minutes and he wrote me out a warning ticket for speeding and indicated he would throw the book at me if there was a next time. The ticket showed where he got me on radar and that was almost four mile back. Being respectfull and not trying to lie to him went a looooong way that day. Jim.

Top Bottom