• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    Police are hardly warriors, that is a title that lies solely with the military. The idea, or mindset that police are anything other than professionals who are sworn to protect and serve is the root cause of the trend toward the JBT mentality.

That said, I find it difficult to understand why anyone would think it a legitimate concern that those charged with protecting our citizens are armed 24/7. I would think that they would encourage them to carry, and benefit from a bit of extra free security.
    Haven't you heard, the police are no longer under any obligation to protect, only enforce the law.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    My hope is this new rule will get the police in a uproar. It will bring attention that good people with guns, keep bad people with guns from trying crap.
    If and when something bad happens after this, the media will be asking, How did this person get a gun?, not the important question of , why didn't anybody have a gun to stop it.
    The more we the people are disarmed, the more mass shooting are going to happen.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Uh, we are pee-ons as well. Heck, lets keep this regression going. More businesses should chose to do the same thing. Soon, we will all be in the same boat and NO ONE will be able to carry on anything but your own property or public property. That will make you feel warm and fuzzy.Quite frankly, their house...their rules. I sure as hell ain't losing any sleep over it...not even concerned. There are lots of places I cannot carry when Off-duty when I go to NYC. The Javits Center, Empire State Building, 30 Rock, and Radio City Music Hall are all no go for off-duty officers. Hell, the Javits Center is off limits to ON DUTY officers unless there is an emergency inside. It's private property rights, no biggie.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Promoting any further restrictions on CC is not helpful, your only furthering the idea that only "on duty" police need guns

I just don't see any reason off-duty police should be treated any differently that LTCF holders in this specific case. If I felt the police supported my right to carry, I might be more inclined to support them in situations like this. I don't have an agenda other than fairness.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I just don't see any reason off-duty police should be treated any differently that LTCF holders in this specific case. If I felt the police supported my right to carry, I might be more inclined to support them in situations like this. I don't have an agenda other than fairness.

How do you know we don't support your right to carry?

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I think dividing gun owners into On-duty LEO, Off-duty LEO and Non-LEO with different rules and rights is similar to dividing guns into traditional hunting guns, military style firearms and handguns. Ban this group now but leave the others alone and we won't have to fight everyone. . Divide and conquer might be an old strategy but it still works. I don't see it as a victory when someone else's 2nd Amendment rights are infringed upon. I would be happier if I could carry at sporting events in addition to Off-Duty LEO but infringing on their rights does not make me feel better.

I support property rights but a stadium built with public funding and filled with 40,000 people that don't know each other is awfully close to my definition of a public place. Large sporting events are an obvious target and I would feel safer if both the Off-duty LEO and I were armed.

Top Bottom