West Side Outdoor Range Recommendations?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I was a member there about 9 years ago. I really, really wanted to like it because it’s close to me. The President at the time came across as really over-the-top. I only ended up going a handful of times because the 3-second rule made most handgun practice a waste of time. The place has so much potential, so hopefully it’s gotten better and can continue that trajectory.
    That guy is gone. And yes, I know exactly who you mean.

We have plans to improve the range by building up the berms, and replacing the steel pistol traps with larger dirt berms. This would allow shooting at all berms with any caliber instead of limiting the two close ones to handgun-only. Whether that will go anywhere toward the Three Second Rule, I don’t know.

I’ll be blunt. We need new blood to get more changes made. You’re right- the potential is there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    New blood and new rules. If you only allow one shot every 3 seconds, you are going to turn off a LOT of potential new members. I mean, you cant even practice double taps with that rule! And the Mozambique would be RIGHT out.

Let me guess, no drawing from a holster, either? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom