What .22 handgun should I buy? Suggestions wanted!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy 44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    i have never shot a mark III but i have a 4" bull barrel mark II and it will out shoot my sig mosquito. i personaly like the feel of the sig better but i cant do any better than a 2" 20 shot group and i can put 20 shots through a 1/4" hole with the mark II

agentdw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I have a few 22s. The one I think you would like the most is the P22. I have put about 2500 rounds thru mine with no issues.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My :twocents: I like the p22 but like a few others have said it is a bit too small. My accuracy was not nearly as good with that vs a full sized rimfire pistol. The 22/45 threaded bbl sounds perfect for what you want.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Forgive my ignorance but can you run a Kestrel 5.56 on a little pistol like a GSG 1911 or Walther p22. Seems like it would be to heavy to operate, but maybe I am wrong.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Forgive my ignorance but can you run a Kestrel 5.56 on a little pistol like a GSG 1911 or Walther p22. Seems like it would be to heavy to operate, but maybe I am wrong.

It will work, but it will be pretty heavy. Heavy cans will work on pistols as long as they have a fixed barrel like the 2 you mentioned.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Another person already posted, but I'd like to vote for the Sig Mosquito. You can easily get one with a threaded barrel. I got mine, with the ammo that they recommended for break in (800 rounds as well) all for under 450. Runs great, and set up just like the real sized pistol, so don't have to relearn a manual of arms for another firearm. There are plenty around here in NWI.
    Mosquito

Top Bottom