• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I have a Ruger Mark III and I love it. 25 yard bulls eye almost everytime I shoot. You caught that almost, right? It is a great gun though.

Will testify they are that accurate. I own one and consider it a great buy. Possibly one of the best 22's out there.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Another Ruger Mk fan here, though mine are Mk IIs. I also have one of the Walther built Colt 1911s being imported by Umarex and it's been a blast to shoot so far. Of course, my love of the 1911 platform helps there too. :D

Finally, in terms of really shooting on the cheap, I have a Heritage Arms Rough Rider revolver with both .22/.22mag cylinders that I also enjoy plinking with.

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    So I finally got a SR 22 and plan to run some hot loads through it. I bought some cci stingers (1600 fps) are these to much for my new Ruger?

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Manual

A steady diet of Stingers is not good for any .22. They are very hot and can ruin a chamber. I believe that Ruger actually says in the manual not to use them consistantly.

I have 2 of the Sr-22's, several MkIII's, MkII's and MKI, Had the Buckmark, 22A and a few others. There is a reason that the Rugers have such a following and they retain better value. I shoot a steady diet of Federal Bulk pack from Wallyworld and they all love it.:twocents:

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Have a S&W 22A w/ the fiber front sights that I picked up new a few months ago for $240 and love it. I have zero problems feeding or ejecting, although I did have a few no-fires from a box of 555's (but those had clear impressions and also refused to fire in my Mark II, so I am pretty confident the problem was the round not the gun.)

As I mentioned, I also have a Mark II and highly recommend one of the newer variants as long as you don't mind the re-assembly process after cleaning. In almost 20yrs I have not had a single problem that I would call gun-related.

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    Hmmm I just read the Manuel and it said the Sr22 is safe to fire all 22lr bullets including high velocity and not to shoot sub sonic out of it.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    With the popularity of suppressors at all time high, I think its about pointless to make/buy a .22 pistol without threads. I dont know what Ruger was thinking when they decided not to thread the SR22.

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    I believe the sell a threaded barrel for it. Doesn't really bother me because I'll never pay an xtra $200.00 for a tax stamp just to have a can.

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    I bought a Bersa Firestorm for less the 270 dollars, it is a great little pistol, it has a decocker, and you can go double action on the first round, or practice double action shooting by decocking it every shot. Double action trigger is about like my Kahr 40 S&W. I shoot remington tornados or remington Cyclones, shot about a 1000 rounds through it with my grandson, and only a couple of misfires due to bad primers.

Bill...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have a Ruger Single Six single action revolver and a GSG 1911-22, love them both. I played with the SR22 before I got the GSG but didn't like the grip feel very much. I also played with a handful of Ruger Mark etc's, they felt good but my brother has one and I severly dislike the excitement that cleaning one brings along. I've got over 1500 rounds through my GSG so far and love it. And it loves Federal and Winchester bulk ammo.:twocents:

creativeinside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Hrmm You can't go wrong with the p22 I have about 8k through it just within the last 6 months.. The only ammo issues I have encounterd is with remington ammo shoots everything else no problem... They just need same body and everything else but a 9mm then id be very happy lol.

I

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    For $350?

Buckmark Camper. Bombproof, not pickey on ammo, doesn't need lube, doesn't need cleaned :D

My Buckmark was probably the best handgun I bought, I love my all my others, but the Buckmark was great for my trigger happy needs and cheap ammo.

The Ruger Mark 1,2 and 3s are classic by design, but the Buckmark feels better IMO. Speaking of Mark 3s, spent the day on and off removing the mag safety (did that on my Buckmark too) and that loaded chamber indicator thing, less warning labels the better.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    With the popularity of suppressors at all time high, I think its about pointless to make/buy a .22 pistol without threads. I dont know what Ruger was thinking when they decided not to thread the SR22.

What they were thinking was "we threaded the 22/45 instead". And they even managed to get the thread size right (1/2"x28) so you don't need an adapter to ruin your day with its typically cheap (read inaccurate ) threads. {Huntertown Arms adapters being the exception to the rule!!!} :cool:

richwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Lebanon
    I have a Ruger 22/45 and love it! It is the threaded barrel version w/o iron sights. I added a red dot sight and it works good. I actually prefer iron sights and I am looking to trade it for a standard model. I don't plan on getting a can, and I would rather have the iron sights over optics.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    So I finally got a SR 22 and plan to run some hot loads through it. I bought some cci stingers (1600 fps) are these to much for my new Ruger?
    Save the "Stingers" for your long-guns. There is really no reason to shoot these hotter .22's through our handguns. Remember one thing though, if you have a "match" chamber, you should not shoot the Stingers in it. The case length is longer on the Stingers than on standard or high velocity rounds.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I say ruger MK series. 300 bucks will get you a heavy barrel and good iron sights.

Uncle has had one that has been through heck and back and is still a great shooter.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you want a car to run on the cheapest gas in town, then buy a car with an engine that will do so. Even hi performance engines won't run their best until broken in. Same way with pistols, IMO. I think the Beretta Mosquito 22 and the S&W M&P 22 are great plinker pistols. I want a Ruger SR22 too.

Vv

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    Well I did buy the sr22 from zx guns for a great price. I shot about half a bulk box through it with only 2 hicups. Great little gun. Glad I got it.

Top Bottom