• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bselzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    compact .45

i myself am interested in a .45, the only thing i can tell you is if you are planning on carrying it all day, make sure to get a compact. .45 ammo is not light and if you need more than seven shots you should probably be packing a shotgun any way.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I guess if you're frail or infirm, maybe.... :popcorn:

My normal load-out is 25 rounds of 230gr (3@8 rd mags, 1 in the chamber). It isn't that bad. I get more irritated by too many coins in my pocket :Db

i myself am interested in a .45, the only thing i can tell you is if you are planning on carrying it all day, make sure to get a compact. .45 ammo is not light and if you need more than seven shots you should probably be packing a shotgun any way.

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    I usually wear an original, 90 year old Smith & Wesson Model of 1917 sporting Packies in an el cheapo Uncle Mike's vertical shoulder holster. In warm weather, I don't bother to conceal it. In cold weather, my jacket or coat cover it.

Last edited:

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    STI Spartan (full size 1911 clone with some goodies), Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 (IWB). Still have the Don Hume IWB I bought for 35, but spending the money for the SS2 was well worth it. Pulls the piece in tighter and a LOT more comfortable than the Hume. Though for everyday carry I'd rather have a Commander-sized piece.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    For some reason, I've been enamored with Argentine arms... mine right now is a Ballester Molina. Would like to grab a couple more variants they had before I call it done, too. :)

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Thanks to all that have replyed. I really think i am going to buy an XD or XDm

I like the idea of carry on my right side (being left handed) cross carry. It just feels natural to me.

Now i just need the extra few hundred to get the one i want. Trying not to dive in and just buy the next thing that comes along :laugh: it's hard!!!

Smitty

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    x69yyr.jpg

My everyday carry. Not all three guns at the same time but one of the three.

Top Bottom