What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I just finished season 2 of "The Santa Clarita Diet" on Netflix. It's a dark comedy that puts a unique twist on the Zombie genre.

Drew Barrymore plays the lead, a woman who turns "un-dead" and suddenly has to control her new urges to kill and eat people. Her husband is played brilliantly by Timothy Olyphant ("Deadwood" and "Justified") and decides to help her kill to try and keep the family together.

It's really off the wall and funny.

G19X

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2018
    Glock Factory
    I wish Netflix would tell What language the movies are (they use to). Sometimes I relax to watch a good movie and it's not in English. I don't like reading subtitles.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've been catching up on Westworld. Normally Sci-Fi aint my thing, but when the second season came out, couldn't help but notice the familiar good actors on the show.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yesterday I watched "The Void," which had an interesting John Carpenter's Thing combined with an HP Lovecraft vibe to it. All of the effects were practical and in camera, with no CGI. Very creepy and fun!

This morning I finished "Ravenous." I learned three things from this film made for Netflix in Quebec:

1. The only thing worse than being overrun by flesh-craving zombies is being overrun by French Canadian flesh-craving zombies.
    2. Quebecois don't seem to have proper weaponry and other gear necessary for surviving a zombie apocalypse.
    3. French subtitles are irritating.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I wish Netflix would tell What language the movies are (they use to). Sometimes I relax to watch a good movie and it's not in English. I don't like reading subtitles.
    Frustrates me too because there is some good stuff there. Usually look at the feature actor list and have a pretty good clue.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Anybody into westerns? I just finished a rather good series (limited series... only 7 episodes) on Netflix called Godless. Pretty well made show. There was the bow to modern liberal times with the one mandatory same sex couple it seems every show must have... (female) but at least they didn't push the issue too much during the show, it's just part of the story. (Part that doesn't really need to be there.) However, good western type story, scenery, horsemanship, shooting, and such.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    One of the best Zombie films I've seen in a spell...Very well done and inspiring.....Kind of goes into the Graham Hancock "The Hunters and Gatherers are the survivors" and that's where you go....

[video=youtube;k13USS5S6XQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k13USS5S6XQ[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Anybody into westerns? I just finished a rather good series (limited series... only 7 episodes) on Netflix called Godless. Pretty well made show. There was the bow to modern liberal times with the one mandatory same sex couple it seems every show must have... (female) but at least they didn't push the issue too much during the show, it's just part of the story. (Part that doesn't really need to be there.) However, good western type story, scenery, horsemanship, shooting, and such.

I love westerns! I have that on my list to watch, but haven't made the time to watch it yet.

Just finished Lost in Space on Netflix last night. I loved it, thought it was great.

I really like that show, but like "Godless," I haven't made the time to continue past episode 4. Life interferes with my television far too often!

One of the best Zombie films I've seen in a spell...Very well done and inspiring.....Kind of goes into the Graham Hancock "The Hunters and Gatherers are the survivors" and that's where you go....

Hmmm . . . I tried to watch, but I lost interest about half an hour into it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm having trouble finding a decent sci-fi series to watch. I've finished "Altered Carbon" - good, finished "Dark Matter" - decent, finished "Lost in Space" - very good, finished "The 100" meh. Can't get into Continuum. I'm trying to get into Wynonna Earp right now. It's kind of OK.

Help me INGO.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm having trouble finding a decent sci-fi series to watch. I've finished "Altered Carbon" - good, finished "Dark Matter" - decent, finished "Lost in Space" - very good, finished "The 100" meh. Can't get into Continuum. I'm trying to get into Wynonna Earp right now. It's kind of OK.

Help me INGO.

What are some other series you liked? That might help. Altered carbon and dark matter are relatively new. "The 100" was definitely Meh.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Help me INGO.

How are you defining sci-fi?

If horror/supernatural qualifies, then the first season of "Outcast" from Robert Kirkman was really good. I don't know if it's on Netflix or amazon - I watched in On Demand. I think it's a Cinemax series.

If you don't mind the cheesy Canadian late 1990s early 2000s visual effects, then "Andromeda" and "Earth: Final Conflict" are fun to re-watch.

What I'd really like to see is that old British series from the early 1970s, "UFO," but I've only seen it available on used DVD collections that are spendy.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Totally agree, and have learned to go to the IMDb website first to look up the series or movie as they list the language. Saves a lot of frustration.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom