• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bucko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Indy South
    Sorry if this has been posted before and I missed it. I did look before I posted and didn't see anything like this.

What flashlights do you carry in your Bug out bags/Everyday carry bags? Do you prefer a brigher/blinding flashlight, or a longer battery life flashlight?

I'm starting to make make a bug out bag and am curious as to what you guys all use.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Nice topic.

Based on the criteria of an LED using AA batteries (because I have several rechargable AA batteries), the best flashlight I have found and really like is this 4 Sevens with 206 lumens on the brightest setting or can run 30 days on the lowest setting:
    Quark AA², R5 Edition 4Sevens.Com

Fenix brand lights seem good, but I haven't found any with the output of the 4 Sevens using two AA batteries.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I bought 2 of the fenix LD10's. they are small, have different brightness settings and also SOS and strobe features and only take 1AA battery which is a common battery even after SHTF. Thats why i chose it. I think im gonna get an LD20 also here soon. once i saw tyler34's fenix light, i knew i had to have one. I have afew surefire lights, both on weapons and as edc lights, but im very impressed with the fenix quality and price point

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I carry a Streamlight DS LED HP on my belt at work every night and love it. I have had several small handheld lights and my favorite thus far is my Surefire E2DL.

The fenix lights are awesome as well. I have the TK30 and it is awesome. The only thing I don't like is rotating the head to go through the different settings. Other that that, bad ass light.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lol i been telling folks for a minute now fenix is where its at. u can spend a extra 100 bucks on the surefire or you can buy 2-3 fenix weapons light and own the night. they have a great throw and a nice blinding light. they are a bit blue but thats because the human eye sees light blue as a brighter color. i don't mind it but if you do look at some of the much more expensive warm led's. quark is a very good light also.

in my bug out bag's i also rock a couple head lamps from zebra lights as they are amazing and usually come with a ton of stuff. for hands free operations they can't be beat in my opinion. another great company for really solid prices and amazing run times with lots of different options.

also as far as rotating the head on the lights that is only to get to the brightest settings other wise you just click the tail cap or in my case for my edc light just keep it on the brightest setting and if you need to adjust just twist the bezel and turn it down

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    My 8 D cell maglite (carried on horseback when on the posse), 6 cell C mag lite for on foot or car duty. They have been worked hard and still going as good as the day they were purchased. Realize a lot of time and inventions have occurred in the past ten years, but they are my go to lights.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    A gray Surefire 6P w/P61 (120 Lumen bulb), a 3 D-cell MagLight w/Krypton bulb, a 2AA MiniMagLight w/Krypton bulb, a MagLight Solitaire, and a Photon LED on my keyring.

Last edited:

King Matthew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Tipton
    I use a 3 D cell mag a 2 C cell mag and 2 2AA cell mag lites. I just have to make sure I check the batteries often, as mag lights tend to suck them even when off. I found that keeping a couple packs of batteries in the bag not in the lights helps, and I have spares that way.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I have three or four of the 4 D-cell maglights. I keep one in the truck and one in the kitchen. On my person I just carry a cheap-o penlight that runs off a AA battery. There is also a free app out there that turns a palm/blackberry into a flashlight by making the screen all one color. It has options for white, green or red light.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I carry lights with me like I carry knives. I have a Surefire E2D on an IWB rig with my Leatherman knives, a Petzl headlight in my pocket, a green Photon light on my wallet, and white Photon lights on my car keys and around my neck. I've also got a Surefire Aviator (from my flying days) in one of my go bags, a Surefire 6Z by my bedside and a Surefire G2 on my AK. Until I got my first Surefire, I used mini-maglites for years, and my wife's favorite is still her red-white-&-blue mini-mag, which she keeps in her purse.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Streamlight Thunder Ranch. I prefer the Tiger ring.

Tough lights, I beat the stuffing out of my gear and I've had no problem with this torch.

n-ay9eV7npVaF0rcEBEHHcl2pTxzHiz9JhZHqMBH-NXT6DE6aquQLiznFVLY2SX8dR09S4n1rOp5z8bxOBxMnOjTzMsjq4YUmtl5HrqgQQLNkPAm1B4FDl9yP6IfQwKQX7dajgwjlyiaZdiIOyzRYPQGbsnZkZpdu8AgP6oDa1_fUstH1L3r8Y9LbO6Pt3BV6oVG_-NwP2QJ8IPT917Xc39KPv1Il3Wh

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I will admit I am a SureFire Fan...
    That is the first step in addiction right?!

Actually in my current occupation SureFire is about only one that meets my needs. I require IR ability. So that rules out most of the LEDs. Although I am putting a SureFire Kroma-Milspec through its paces now. So far I still prefer my C2 over it.

Top Bottom