• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    I loaded a range bag yesterday, thinking I'd be able to put a few rounds downrange with 2 new guns.

Electronic ears
    500 or rds of 22LR
    Box with mag loaders/unloaders
    Spare parts box, springs, extractors/ plungers
    Few Allen wrenches ect

Separate bag
    speed loading block/ speedloader for GP100 22
    10-22 mags

Didn't get a chance to shoot, due to a 2 hr wait time at the range.

Contents of my bag changes for almost every match I shoot. USPSA, Steel challenge, or Rimfire challenge

:cheers:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    If there’s one that actually works reasonably well please fill us in!

Ahhhh, it is just a freebie from the app store. It isn't all that great. Trying to figure out how to save different shooters into different files is a pain in the rear.

For solo work it isn't too bad, something like falling plates where you can keep it close. The only feature I really like is the delay for the starting beep. You push the go button and get a short delay before the start tone.

Writing down spilts and what-not still seems to be the easiest/quickest/most convenient.

Sometimes I'm pretty cheap about such things and instead of spending $100 for a stand-alone unit I just continue to use the app for now.

It is called Splits. Someone is going to hate it. Don't blame me. All I can say is that it isn't completely worthless and it was free.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    In addition to the normal range stuff, I do have both a small med kit with bandaides and a trauma kit as well. I keep trauma kits in all of my range bags, cars and a bunch stuffed here and there in the house too.

Spare headset, a big bottle of foamy earplugs, a multi-tool, handi-wipes, ibuprofen, water, antacid. Mag loaders come and go depending on what I’m shooting.

The large range bag had a shooting bag rest, staple gun and chamber flags but that bag generally gets used for rifles only.

Vic Z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Tacoma
    I think that everyone should carry a first aid kit.
    Probably not in my range bag, but in my truck for sure. It's always with me so that will work.
    I always carry a band aid in my wallet, but that's an old army throw back.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    in my range bag
    ear muffs
    medicine bottle filled with ear plugs
    medicine bottle filled with staples for the staple gun
    staple gun
    laser bore sighter
    set screwdriver set
    medicine bottle fille with misc allen/torx wrenches
    small bottle of oil
    cheap milti tool
    small flashlight
    cheap winchester screwdriver set
    tourniquet
    medicine bottle with target pasters (1 inch black squares)
    copies of my class 3 paperwork

ive got a pretty big range bag, and it gets really heavy when i carry it at matches!

but i have a second bag that stays in the trunk with
    targets
    staple gun/staples
    safety glasses
    ear muffs (2 or 3 pair)
    thumb tacks
    black pasters

and also in my trunk is
    at least 1 sheet of cardboard with targets already staples to it
    metal spinner target (ram/sheep/chicken/pig)
    2 self healing spinner targets (one orange one green)
    self healing bowling pin wobbler target (from Walmart)

due to all that stuff I keep in there, when I go to the grocery, the groceries go in the back seat!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Individual First Aid Kit

I have an Israeli Bandage, gauze, and a few band aids along with some other stuff. Never know when someone might do something stupid at the range.

Dont forget a tourniquet. Even if its just a TK-4. At least carry something. But not the weird plastic ones you find on amazon in the fitness section. Those are not designed to totally stop blood flow, just slow it down. (to somehow help build muscle mass quicker I think)

If there’s one that actually works reasonably well please fill us in!

I never found one worth not carrying an actual shot timer. And timers are not that expensive. And when I drop my shot timer, I dont crack the screen like I might with my super expensive smartphone.

I'm partial to this workhorse. solid, and made in the USA. Not its not as sexy looking as others, but its rock solid, and the screen is big and easy to read. (they have a newer model with more info on the screen but the font is much smaller)
    https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1...MIobKvwLaD5wIViobACh1QegrYEAQYASABEgIMk_D_BwE

And if you REALLY want to get fancy, get one with bluetooth and compatible with practiscore.
    https://www.amg-lab.com/

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Dont forget a tourniquet. Even if its just a TK-4. At least carry something.

Have a tourniquet in the truck. Bought 3-4 after taking a Stop the Bleed class. The class was great for situations we might encounter. Even having my wife as a nurse I wanted some training. Carrying a tourniquet is easier than carrying my wife/nurse.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Have a tourniquet in the truck. Bought 3-4 after taking a Stop the Bleed class. The class was great for situations we might encounter. Even having my wife as a nurse I wanted some training. Carrying a tourniquet is easier than carrying my wife/nurse.

And a TK doesnt nag, give you the side eye when you go to the gun store, etc. LOL

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Unfortunately, a lot of us only get to shoot at ranges where they get pissy if you fire more than one shot every 2 seconds.

Vote with your feet. My preferred range is 70 minutes from my front door. (Proteq). Its worth the drive because I can do what I want, with no BS from neutered RSO via corporate policies. For me, even when the RSOs (the owner and his son) are around, they ENCOURAGE safe shots at WHATEVER speed is appropriate for the drill at hand.

Your limitations are self imposed.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Unfortunately, a lot of us only get to shoot at ranges where they get pissy if you fire more than one shot every 2 seconds.

Being a volunteer RSO at a club has its perks. You get a lot of range time AND you get range time when no one else is around. We get to use the range on closed days and outside normal operating hours.

:shady:

When you're the RSO it is your range and you run it as you see fit.

Unfortunately the 2 second/shot rule has to be put into place because of inexperienced folks that come out (with an obvious lack of marksmanship ability) yet still want to be Steven Seagal or John Wick (for you young'uns). Ranges open to the public are just frightful. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics-training/450408-rsos-view-world-training-lack.html

If you can barely keep it on paper at 7 yards during slow fire, doing a mag dump might be fun but it is hardly responsible and/or safe. Ever hand the keys to a sixteen-year old and tell them to go ahead and see what happens when they mash the pedal to the floor?

Regulars and those that display competency get a break at our range.

I also carry a trauma bag when on duty. It might be overkill, but if the need ever arose I'm sure I would be glad I had it.

I also usually carry a bamboo skewer in my tool kit. It has come in handy a couple of times for bore-checking and holds up fairly well to hammering.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    - Firearms in individual zippered cloth pouches
    - Ammo in a plastic ammo can
    - Maglula
    - Eyes
    - Ears (Electronic muffs doubled up with musicians earplugs. Plus tons of individual fomies in case I forget)
    - Range Key Card
    - Paper targets
    - Tape
    - Screwdriver set
    - Microfiber towel
    - Tourniquet and med kit in outside pouch of bag

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK I'll play, range mags, colored markers, leatherman, pocket knife, cleaning rod, brush, mag loader, safety glasses, small flashlight, and extra left over ammo sometimes.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I've started carrying enough stuff in my regular range bag that I have started carrying a second smaller bag that is dedicated to ammo only. It makes a big difference on those days when I'm shooting a lot of 45.

I'm kind of surprised only a couple of folks have mentioned chamber flags and Sharpies.

I also carry and extra set of batteries for my electronical gadgetry in one of my pockets. 2032, AA, AAA, 123, 1/3N.

Even if I function-check at home, it isn't a surprise when I get to the range and find a reticle flashing.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    ...... too much stuff. :)
    Seriously, my range bag was getting so heavy I needed a 2 wheel dolly cart. So I've reduced to just the bare essentials needed for that day at the range.

Top Bottom